The maintenance lead is responsible for managing the maintenance and repair of all manufacturing equipment and facilities. This role supports and assists the maintenance team and works closely with internal departments to ensure all maintenance is performed in alignment with production schedules. Other key responsibilities include coordinating with subcontractors and vendors who support manufacturing needs, overseeing planned and unplanned maintenance needs and providing technical support for all processes and equipment used on the manufacturing floor, supporting and assisting in the installation and commissioning of new equipment and staying up to date on and following all safety and PSM requirements. The role requires a hands-on, knowledgeable, highly responsive team player who is a self-starter, resourceful, and brings creativity and strong interpersonal skills to the organization.
· Plan and perform scheduled, preventive maintenance, respond to equipment breakdown calls, and participate in projects to install or improve the safety and performance of existing and new equipment and building systems.
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of process equipment.
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
- Adjusting mechanical parts using hand and machine tools.
- Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks.
- Preparing and submitting maintenance reports.
- Reading and interpreting P&ID drawings.
· Conduct maintenance tasks with limited assistance.
· Safely start, stop, monitor, and manage the plant processing equipment during processing as directed by Operations Manager and applicable plant SOPs.
· Comply with all safety requirements and provide suggestions for continuous improvement.
Interact with co-workers, contractors, and suppliers on a professional level.
- Communicate effectively with Managers and other team members on status of processing equipment.
- Accept responsibility and a level of accountability appropriate to the requirements of the position.
· Strong troubleshooting skills within the areas of mechanical, electronics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
· The ability to conduct maintenance tasks with limited assistance.
· The ability to effectively track and monitor multiple pieces of automated equipment operating concurrently.
· Experience operating a bridge or mono-rail crane and forklift.
· Proven experience working effectively in a team environment.
· Good communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals from other departments and outside resources to effectively implement new methods and equipment.
· Ability to operate automated control systems as needed for a 24/7 process.
· Ability to be certified to wear a respirator while performing production requirements.
· Ability to develop and execute lifting/rigging plan.
· The ability to stand, bend, twist, for 4+ hours at a time
· The ability to perform maintenance on system equipment
· The ability to use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
· Current driver’s license.
· The ability to speak, read, and write in English required.
· Shift work is required; overtime work may be required.
· Previous work experience as an industrial maintenance technician or mechanical/ maintenance work.
· In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance.
· Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Basic computer and report writing skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
· Good time-management skills.
· Commitment to teamwork, results orientation, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and effective organizational skills.
· Impeccable personal and professional ethics.