The Controller manages all financial control and accounting activities of the brewery. Evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations. Leads and directs our team of three finance staff.
Manage all general and cost accounting, including payables and receivable and deductions. Ensure the brewery's financial control processes and systems comply with company policies, applicable regulations, and provide required information. Monitors brewery operation results against operating plans and direct the preparation of financial, production output, and other reports used to measure and control brewery activities and costs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable and treasury management
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Provide financial visibility to ensure cost related targets are met
- Participate in explaining performance variances to budget, focusing on variable industrial costs, fixed industrial costs & supply chain losses, while providing guidance/support to supply leaders throughout the post-close cycle
- Participate the preparation of the budget and assisting in building plans and executing on actions to help achieve cost related targets.
- Lead, or assist in all other financial related activities
- Supervisor the finance team and fill in as required
- Ad hoc projects and analysis and all other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ leadership experience in manufacturing accounting environment, preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Having worked in a smaller, growing entrepreneurial company is highly valued.
- Familiarity and comfort with financial concepts relevant to manufacturing and to the beverage industry, including distributor and retailer relationships, trade spend/ math.
- Proven ability to work with complex, disparate data sources to create comprehensive reporting packages.
- Highly motivated, self-starting team player with the ability to adapt to changes in workload and responsibilities
- Champion the company culture and values.
- Embrace, practice and support Humm policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with employees and other department heads.
- Be part of the Win.
We believe that our Humm community is a place where our employees can build safe, prosperous lives. Whatever your life story, national origin, race or religion; whoever you choose to love, whatever your sexual orientation or gender identity is… you are welcome here.