Sewickley Academy is seeking to hire an Alumni Engagement Officer. The position is responsible for managing the relationship and acting as the liaison between the Academy and alumni. They are responsible for maintaining relationships, organizing events, assisting in fundraising appeals, managing a portfolio of prospects, and most importantly representing the Academy as a Brand Ambassador in furthering its Mission and goals.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits and work/life balance programs including a premium-free health plan option, an excellent retirement plan, generous leave time, and tuition benefits programs. Are you searching for a workplace where a diverse mix of talented people come together to serve our students? If so, apply for this today!
ABOUT SEWICKLEY ACADEMY
As Pittsburgh’s longest-standing independent coeducational school (Pre-K through Grade 12), Sewickley Academy is distinguished by not only its rigorous academics and outstanding faculty, but also by its student-centered approach to learning and teaching, in which every child is challenged to explore and excel to their highest ability.
Sewickley Academy faculty and staff help to create an environment of encouragement and support by inspiring students to reach their goals and develop a love of learning. We value and encourage different voices and opinions.
We work collaboratively and interdepartmental teamwork is what keeps us engaged in the success of our school as a whole.
- Manage and coordinate the Alumni Council, including monthly meetings, communication, council nominations, affinity group development, and oversight.
- Develop and execute plans and activities for alumni affinity groups (academic, special interest, professional affiliations, etc.) and design strategies for the success of each group.
- Organize and coordinate alumni functions (Alumni Weekend, etc.)
- Assist in identifying alumni class champions.
- Promote and foster effective alumni relations through continuing written communication and personal contact in conjunction with the Major Gifts Officer and Communication Manager.
- Manage alumni LinkedIn group.
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of programs/services and identify problems, recommend improvements, and institute changes.
- In conjunction with the Major Gifts Officer and Annual Giving Officer, set annual goals to grow alumni giving and identify key performance indicators.
- Track and report on alumni engagement metrics such as donations, website traffic, email responses, and event attendance.
- Develop and facilitate social, educational, and professional workshops that would be of interest to alumni.
- Develop young alumni engagement, working with senior school students to foster a connection between students and alumni to include, but not limited to, Alumni Speaker Series, and Student and Alumni Networking.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of experience in event programming, development and/or alumni relations and fundraising.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfort with software programs, social media, and other technology.
- Proven success in networking and relationship building.
- Flexibility and willingness to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- Experience overseeing volunteers and an alumni council.
- Must be willing to travel.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
For consideration, applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, three references, and salary requirements. The application deadline is March 31, 2023.
Sewickley Academy is committed to having an inclusive community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Academy does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.