Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing employee-owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
Lead the development and final preparation of technical business proposals for government and commercial opportunities. Review and interpret requirements from Request for Proposals (RFPs) and create content to adhere to requirements. Ensure proposal deadlines are met through continual communication with the proposal team and foresight to escalate issues when required. Draft meaningful, original content sourced from subject matter expert (SME) interviews, existing programs, and industry research, and delegate writing assignments as needed.
A successful candidate will
- Write and edit documents to meet the requirements of the Lantana Style Guide and publishing templates as well as standard requirements for technical writing
- Gather information by identifying sources and interviewing SMEs to understand their areas of expertise and develop publication concepts that clearly communicate their knowledge
- Develop proposal content by assembling information and writing compelling prose interwoven with win themes and differentiators. Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and redesigning processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplates, volunteering ideas for improvement, and implementing changes
- Support the proposal team throughout the proposal process, meeting deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval, coordinating requirements with contributors, and contributing proposal status information during review meetings
- Write, revise, and edit drafts of Federal Government proposal responses (including executive summaries and technical, management, past performance, resume, and pricing sections), white papers, responses to Requests for Information, and capabilities statements
- Edit documents and technical literature prepared by other staff members, for content, coverage, clarity, and voice consistency, recommending revisions and editorial standards as appropriate
- Support non-proposal technical writing/editing as required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Technical Writing or similar
- Excellent written and verbal skills to convey complex technical information clearly and persuasively to readers with varying levels of technical understanding
- Five years experience in information technology or information management field with a focus on healthcare.
- Experience creating customized written content for government proposals, (and associated content management skills), and an understanding of the proposal development lifecycle
- Experience working with SMEs to translate technical speak into clear and compelling proposal responses and documents
- Comfort and experience applying the principles of standard English language usage, grammar, mechanics into written work
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word
- Experience developing and editing written content for information technology within the healthcare industry
- Experience editing, revising, and repurposing technical content for case studies and/or white papers
- Experience creating and remediating Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF documents to meet section 508 accessibility compliance
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote. The ability to travel to the annual Lantana Retreat and occasional meetings is preferred.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.