Commercial Sourcing Manager
The Rationale for this Position
Since its founding in 2020, Cyclyx is a post-use plastic feedstock management company working with industry participants to develop innovative recycling solutions for all types of post-use plastics. The company’s mission is to increase the recyclability of plastics from 10% to 90% by using Cyclyx expertise in understanding the chemical composition of waste plastic in collaboration with industry partners to create a new, innovative supply chain.
Marketing is a crucial role to increasing the flow of waste plastics into the Cyclyx feedstock management system through creating awareness of the brand and its mission, 10to90.
The Commercial Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing a team of Sourcing Agents and ensuring that Cyclyx facilities and customers have a steady and predictable supply of feedstock per specification. The Manager will primarily work with existing commercial sources of waste plastic and secure the necessary agreements to supply the volumes of plastic needed for the CCC. This role requires a hands-on, knowledgeable, highly responsive team player who is a self-starter, resourceful, and brings creativity and strong interpersonal skills to the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the recycling market, bringing a knowledge of the typical types of plastic marketed and key contacts within the space
- Experience negotiated commercial agreements to sell or purchase large volumes of recycled material
- Position will be engaging in and delivering value within a highly technical business. As such, this position will require a candidate with the ability to understand technical information.
- Strong and effective negotiating skills that substantively contribute to building customer relationships by maximizing customer engagement with the Cyclyx mission
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience communicating and collaborating efficiently and effectively with a co-located team
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally at all levels in the organization
- Basic proficiency with Office Suite
4-year bachelor's degree in a relative field of study or equivalent work experience
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results orientation
- Superior interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confidence, initiative, and strong problem-solving skills
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics
Reports to: VP of Feedstock Sourcing
Type: Hourly; full time
Work Hours: Flexible, but generally 8:00-5:00.
Location: Flexible; but Houston, TX or Portland, OR preferred
Work environment: professional office and manufacturing
Travel: up to 25%
Physical Demands is substantially that of an office environment. Occasional lifting and manual work.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Cyclyx offers a competitive benefits package which that goes beyond just a paycheck. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive, company funded (up to 90% company-paid premiums) health, dental, vision and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, and much, much more. We also provide development and growth opportunities because we believe investing in your success is investing in our success. Also, working for a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and expand your network while building a rewarding and dynamic career.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
Cyclyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant’s status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.