General Summary of Position
Manage accounts by ensuring that our clients receive the best product at the most reasonable cost, while maximizing margin and network efficiency. Responsible for all day-to-day activities in the transportation cycle: dispatching carriers to align with our customers’ needs, tracking shipments, customer reporting and invoicing.
- Develop and maintain solid professional relationships with vendors, negotiate for cost-effective services, and support them with operational processes.
- Research and quote transportation costs.
- Collaborate with Business Development to confirm accurate and complete on-boarding of new clients and lanes through required notifications, reporting, accessorial agreements and invoicing.
- Ensure carrier performance and event compliance according to Mode standards.
- Identify and prioritize problems, and make suggestions to correct the situation.
- Develop and execute timely resolutions to transit delays; notify clients of any issues with their shipments, and educate them on industry and/or regulatory changes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely client order acceptance/entry into the Mode Transportation system via EDI, web tender, email, fax, phone, or other applicable form of communication.
- Work collaboratively with team members to determine most cost-effective recovery plan for missed pick-ups and deliveries.
- Identify accessorial charge patterns; consult with clients to develop processes to reduce charges.
- Determine which accessorial charges can be billed and effectively communicate charges to clients/vendors within 24 hrs. of occurrence.
- Assist Sales and Accounting departments on invoicing discrepancies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous brokerage-related or transportation-related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with focus on supply chain management, preferred.
- Quick learner, multi-tasker, organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver.
- Strong customer service and communication skills; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience managing/prioritizing own work assignments, and meeting deadlines.
- Requires confidence and independent decision-making skills to problem-solve, juggle competing priorities, and provide accurate and responsive customer service.
- Ability to quickly assess client situations, and escalate to management when needed.
- Required computer skills; proficiency with Windows operating system, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and internet browsers. Able to learn new programs/systems quickly.