Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
This position is responsible for the maintenance, upgrade, support and management of the company’s software, hardware and networks. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. This position will receive, prioritize, document and actively resolve end user help requests in person, by telephone or electronically in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will also provide end user training and assistance where required.
Essential job functions:
- Responds promptly to help desk requests as needed to enable the efficient performance of duties by the Coffey team.
- Documents assistance requests and resolutions in the help desk system, escalates issues as needed and communicates issues with the Information Technology Lead and CEO.
- Responsible for proactively reporting service issues to all affected users in a timely and clear manner.
- Responsible for setting up network accounts and workstations.
- Responsible for installing and configuring software and hardware, ranging from servers to portable devices.
- At the direction of the Information Technology Lead, assists with all aspects of network server management.
- Monitors and manages security through access controls, network monitoring tools, group policy, and hardware and software firewalls.
- Gives the utmost priority to ensuring that backup, recovery and security procedures are set up and performed as planned and necessary to satisfy system expectations, safeguard against malicious or disastrous activities, and facilitate prompt resumption of operations in the event of a partial or complete system loss.
- Assists in providing computer and network support relating to software or hardware for users in a courteous and friendly manner, setting appropriate expectations. Software support includes administering software licenses to ensure compliance with user counts and usage restrictions.
- Conducts quarterly PCI scans and coordinates resolution of all issues to ensure continuing PCI compliance.
- Manages access for changes in user permissions and provides new employee orientations. Responsible for ensuring a smooth onboarding for all technology aspects for new employees.
- Troubleshoots, installs, repairs, maintains, configures and performs testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, software, data communication, phone system, mag-lock door system, security cameras and computer network systems. Resolution will be through independent research and response combined with collaboration with the IT vendor, and it will include documentation of all issues encountered and the components of their resolution.
- Monitors and evaluates health, efficiency and usage of all software and hardware to detect potential errors or problems and makes recommendations and modifications to make them more efficient and keep them operating at full capacity. Demonstrates strong debugging/troubleshooting skills to quickly resolve system issues.
- Responds to information security incidents. Assists management with incident remediation.
- Upgrades and tests systems with new releases, patch servers and endpoints in a timely manner to ensure maximum system stability and effective services.
- Provides training on features and best practices for system utilization.
- Assists Information Technology Lead with PCI and HIPAA/HITECH compliance requirements.
- Performs on-site functions for backup, including rotating and moving tapes off-site.
- Contributes to internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Keeps current with relevant, emerging technology and advises management of the potential effect this technology may have on company needs and objectives. Knowledge of web applications and other electronic communication platforms is a crucial area of awareness. Researches, tests and recommends new technology where required.