Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline and Collaboration, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
As a member of the Exterior Engineering team, the Design Release Engineer will be responsible for releasing Wiper/Washer Systems, Mirrors & Lighting Systems, and owning the function from concept through production. DRE will be responsible for coordination, interfacing to surrounding environment, and utilizing Catia V5 for creating and reviewing 3D CAD. Work with Suppliers, Body/Interior engineers, Electrical/ADAS module, and Wiring engineers to design, develop, and package exterior components and assemblies. Expect to use your experience and engineering tools to ensure both initial assembly and component specifications support system performance targets and government regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of Outside/Inside Rearview Mirrors, Wiper/Washer systems and Lighting systems, from initial design concept through full volume production.
- Responsibilities will include interface with studio, vehicle development, other Engineering teams, and suppliers to design, develop and release these components.
- Provide feasibility input and proposals for development of designs from studio concepts/sketches
- Develop functional and build objectives, DVP&R/DFMEA & manage the production supplier to meet all objectives.
- Responsible for the release of completed geometry using Catia V5 Teamcenter CAD tools.
- Work with Homologation team to ensure validation of all applicable requirements
- Work with purchasing for supplier sourcing and supplier management – including design, validation and tooling
- Develop, track and update vehicle level specifications for Fit and Finish.
- Establish/Manage plan for parts timing alignment with overall program timing plan and mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Travel to suppliers and assembly plant for prototype builds and SOP support.
- Track Wiper/Washer system, Mirror and Lighting Open Issues and drive communication/closure of issues.
- Assure Budget, Timing, Weight and Quality intent is achieved.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- 5 years of engineering experience with OEM or supplier design and release.
- Experience with injection molding, assemblies, and decorating plastic components.
- Experience with Rearview Mirrors, Washer systems development including simulations, and testing
- Experience with Lighting development including simulations, measurement fields and testing
- Dimensional Management and understanding of GD&T
- Class A surface development, Typical section development and knowledge of FMVSS/regulatory requirements
- High Proficiency with Catia V5, and Teamcenter, ability to make 3D Part and Assembly Design, Space and Geometry analysis and 2D drawing
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.