I. General Summary of Position
This position is a member of the Human Resources team handling confidential mattes, ensuring accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, benefits, reporting across multiple states, locations and tax jurisdictions. Must provide timely and accurate financial information. This position also provides direct support to the organization in support of payroll and benefits initiatives and processes.
II. Essential Duties
- Performs Payroll, Benefits and Human Resource department operations by following policies and procedures and ensures strict confidentiality of all information.
- Manages workflow to ensure all payroll and benefits transactions are processed accurately and timely. This includes but is not limited to new hires, terminations, benefits administration, worker’s compensation, paid time off, FMLA, LOA, COBRA, reporting and compliance.
- Leverages HRIS system to effectively and accurately maintain and process payroll and benefits related transactions. Provide leadership and direction to employees as subject matter expert in HRIS Employee Self Service Portal and system transactions.
- Provides engaging and interactive assistance and communication to all employees in a timely manner both verbal and written to ensure superior customer service and employee confidence.
- Ensures accurate and timely payroll processing across multiple locations, states and jurisdictions ensuring Federal, State and local compliance with all withholdings and tax filings.
- Processes and reconciles payroll prior to transmission and ensure accurate communication and reporting.
- Understands and effectively communicates taxation, employer paid benefits, garnishments and payroll compliance.
- Administer on-boarding and off-boarding paperwork and payroll processing for all employees in a timely manner.
- Executes and ensures accurate and timely processing of time and attendance and all 360 interface for carriers including benefits, retirement, etc.
- Develops and provides ad hoc reporting for compliance, financial and operational needs as requested.
- Ensures regulatory and compliance reporting to completed accurately and timely.
- Maintains compliant, accurate and complete documentation, files and employee records in good order.
- Provide administrative support for the Human Resources department, including files, employment verifications, scheduling interviews, special projects and various other responsibilities as needed.
- Develops, implements and oversees organization wide engagement in Wellness Initiatives aligned with benefits carrier wellness plans and total health initiatives including retirement planning and consumer driven health care.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures.
III. Supervisory/ Management Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Payroll, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, Associates degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience processing multi- site, multi-state, multi-jurisdiction payroll required. Experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HRIS system for payroll and benefits processing required. Concur or other expense tracking module experience highly preferred. Must have working knowledge of Federal and multi-state payroll best practices.
- Must be dependable and ethical. Must be discrete with highly confidential and sensitive information and ensure a high degree of professionalism.
- Quick learner, multi-tasker, organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills; thrives in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience managing/prioritizing own work assignments, and meeting deadlines.
- Requires confidence and independent decision-making skills to problem-solve, juggle competing priorities, and provide accurate and responsive customer service.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and escalate effectively to Manger when needed.
- Required computer skills; proficiency with HRIS, Windows operating system, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and internet browsers. Able to learn new programs/systems quickly.
V. Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.