Working at a summer camp is an unforgettable experience. If you love working with kids, and understand the energy that is required to do it well, this job might be for you. It is our goal to offer fun, enriching, challenging, and satisfying summer experiences for all of our campers, and our staff members play an instrumental role in this. If you believe that you have what it takes to be a great role model, and make a difference in a child’s life, please complete the required application materials.
We are currently looking for great people to fill the following seasonal positions:
- Group Lead Counselor (Requires at least 480 hours of experience working in a group setting of at least four kids.)
- Archery Teacher
- Activity Leader
- Specialty Camp Counselor
- Administrative Assistant
Dates: June 2, 2023-July 28, 2023.
All positions require the ability to:
- Offer enriching, challenging, and satisfying summer experiences for all campers
- Provide a safe, secure and supportive environment in which each child feels confident to explore, play and learn
- Treat each child with respect, honesty and kindness
Camp Employees must:
- Be Responsible for the well-being of campers
- Assist in the supervision of campers within activities and throughout the daily camp routine
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines
- Participate and be an active part of all camper activities
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude, behavior and good sportsmanship
- Maintain a good working relationship with other counselors, the director and assistant director
- Communicate effectively and work together in a team environment with staff
- Have a desire and enthusiasm to work with children
- Be able to accept supervision and guidance
- Maintain good character, integrity and adaptability
- Have the ability to work together with a team of one’s peers
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
- Be available to work for at least 7 weeks
- Must attend a mandatory orientation program
- May need to drive a micro-bus
The pay range for the traditional day camp and specialty assistants is $14.00-$17.00 per hour.
The pay range for Administrative Assistants is $18.00 - $22.00 per hour.
Colorado Academy reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. Any discrepancies that may exist do not relate to sex.
Applicants are also invited to visit the Colorado Academy Summer Programs website at www.coloradoacademysummer.org to learn more.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with the Academy.