Rotating 2-3-2: Every month you rotate on Days or Nights
6am-6pm Days and 6pm-6am Nights
*Every other weekend you have off!
*$1.00 Shift Differential when you work nights!
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow, and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
PURIS offers competitive hourly wages and immediate eligibility into the gainshare bonus potential program! Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Technicians are responsible for operating plant systems which include warehouse, sanitation, and packaging operations. Operators perform critical roles which greatly affect the quality and safety of Puris finished product. Close attention to detail and the ability to identify problems and make adjustments are key in this role. Operators must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Technicians must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Completes product handling documentation in packaging and warehouse roles.
- Safely performs product handling with use of forklifts or pallet jacks.
- Complete all documentation as required.
- Troubleshoot system issues and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure product quality by adhering to all food safety programs and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Perform light maintenance and upkeep on process equipment.
- Ensure high hygiene zones are maintained to proper standards at all times.
- Perform and document all clean in place (CIP), daily sanitation, and master sanitation duties as scheduled.
- Immediately report equipment issues or down time to Team Lead
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- GED or high school degree
- 2-5 years' experience in manufacturing or liquid processing environment
- Food manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in sanitation, warehouse, or operation of packaging equipment
Skills and Capabilities:
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Capable of learning systems and control strategy through written and oral instructions
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work related issues and problems.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good natured, cooperative attitude.
- Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job – Teamwork.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. bags on occasion.
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf. Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine! Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency. Check out our ww (www.puris.com) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.