TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking a Park Assistant to join our dedicated team. This position will be responsible for the appearance, health and safety of our Coldwater Canyon Park location. Under the supervision of the Director of Park Operations, the Park Assistant will perform a variety of maintenance tasks that include the general clean up and daily maintenance of the park grounds and related on-site buildings.
- Perform routine grounds maintenance on a daily basis.
- Ensure restrooms are stocked with supplies.
- Assist in general grounds maintenance – watering, sweeping, raking, mulching, light repairs, walkway and parking lot clearance.
- Assist with the maintenance of hiking trails, picnic tables and other park related equipment.
- Help with tree and brush removal, as appropriate to skills.
- Prepare and clean venues and facilities for special events, before and after.
- Respond to on-site requests/inquiries.
- Assist Director of Park Operations on park improvement & construction projects.
- Assist Facilities Maintenance Manager with repairs and maintenance, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of grounds maintenance, trail care or facility care in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Multi-tasker and fast learner.
- Ability to interact with the public and volunteers.
- Basic tool knowledge and recent tool operation experience.
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Able to walk, stand, stoop for long periods of time.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Light construction, facilities, landscaping and plant knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Flexible to work occasionally on the weekends or in the evening as needed.