The Evangelical Catholic (EC) inspires, trains, and supports leaders to launch and drive dynamic movements of evangelization in their communities.
The role of the Accountant is to support the ministry of the Evangelical Catholic (EC), an independent 501©3 non-profit organization. The position is responsible for generating, analyzing, and submitting to the appropriate government entities all financial information of the organization. Through contractual relationships with parishes, Catholic campus ministries, and local organizations, EC staff provide personalized consulting services and robust resources to launch movements of evangelization driven by deeply evangelized lay leaders. This leader must strongly embody and reinforce the EC values of Zeal, Fun, Candor, Excellence, All Things to All People.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the major functions of this position and are not intended to be a detailed description of all the work/functions that may be required. Other duties may be assigned. Individual will work a varied schedule based on client needs.
· Ensure accurate financials and use the numbers to tell the story of evangelization across the United States. This is done through:
o Collect, prepare, & audit monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities into software
o Reconcile bank and credit card accounts on a monthly basis
o Review and generate financial reports/support as needed with a 24-hour turnaround. Includes handling accounts receivable/payable, employee reimbursements, etc.
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management on a monthly basis. This includes annual budget preparation, forecasting, and analysis.
- Responsible for compliant and accurate processing of the EC payroll and tax filings on a semi-monthly basis
- Collaborate with CPA firm to complete annual audit with fidelity
- Responsible for fund development tracking, reporting, and planning in collaboration with Mission Advancement team
- Improve systems/procedures, identify cost containment opportunities, appropriate pricing for EC products, and initiate corrective actions as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in finance, accounting or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant finance/business operations experience preferred
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products. Salesforce experience preferred.
- CPA designation preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred