Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline, Collaboration, and Design & Innovation, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
Lordstown Motors Corp. is seeking an ambitious and high-energy Engineering intern to support the company’s Interiors Engineering Teams. You will work closely with LMC engineering team members on daily challenges. The intern hired for this position will help support our high-performance team to design and launch our products. The intern should be well organized and be prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The intern chosen for this position will finish their internship at LMC having gained broad experience in various aspects of product life cycle, milestone deliverable management, and engineering components.
The Lordstown Motors Internship Program is optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university or trade school. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full-time positions at lordstownmotors.com
What you will do
- Learn our products, services, industries and operations.
- Learn different aspects of the product development cycle and stakeholder’s roles and responsibilities.
- Set and achieve targeted goals and objectives related to vehicle development, specifically related to vehicle interiors
- Work with Engineering team to help the group on the following tasks:
- Core documents administration
- Bill of Material (BoM) definition and maintenance
- Component, Sub-system and System Requirement Definition
- Criteria Section Development
- Design verification
- VAVE Projects
- Product Validation
- Engineering Change Request
- Launch Support
- Issue Tracking & Resolution
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate students majoring in Engineering.
- Positive, professional and outgoing personality with the ability to work both in a team environment and directly with engineers.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and be successful in vehicle development.
- Self-starter that is punctual with a strong work ethic.
- Highly organized, persuasive and good with numbers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Experience with a PLM system is desirable but not required.
- Available for minimum 20+ hours a week
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.