This role will serve as first-line supervisor with responsibility to schedule and direct the day-to-day production of the service technicians in providing repair, rebuilding, and maintenance of customer equipment. The Technician Service Manager will lead, coordinate, and direct the efforts and actions of the technicians in the service department (shop) to successfully and efficiently service its customers. This position will be within a Union environment overseeing Union workforce.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities, include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Scheduling and shop loading in concert and communication with the SeA
- Prepare the shop workload 30 minutes prior to each shift start
- Assignment of work to accomplish the Initial 2 hour diagnosis for all intake repairs and ensure a ROADWORTHY inspection is performed effectively
- Communicate the initial diagnosis and the ROADWORTHY additional repairs identified for purposes of estimating to the SeA
- Overseeing staff up to 20 Technicians
- Assigning the technician (tech) best suited to perform the repair or maintenance in the quoted or standard repair time of each repair
- Accepting all work flow of LINQ cases for estimating assistance and input, their role is not responsible to open new cases, merely assist the SeA
- Allocate and dedicate maximum time to be on the shop floor assisting the technicians with the repair issues
- Know; not think, the estimated scope and value of each repair order as it relates to the labor sale in hours and the parts content sold and communicate to the technicians
- Achieve and maintain a minimum Retail recovery rate at 83% of posted rate, maintain minimum a Warranty recovery rate of 75% of approved rate
- Ensure that each technician assigned to a job understands the assignment the time allocated for sale of the job
- Managing the RO for timely closing – timely closing can be defined as the shop work order submitted to the SeA for billing by close on the business day of the last labor, or sooner
- Understand and ensure the quality of tech write up for Retail and Warranty repair orders
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school diploma required.
- Two year associates management degree or equivalent/years of experience.
- Minimum three years of experience working in a supervisory capacity in a Heavy Duty Diesel Branch Service Operation.
- Must have previous Heavy Duty Diesel Technical experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Four year Business Management degree is a plus.
- Promote safe work habits with the technicians
- Promote a clean and organized shop floor
- Manage training for individual technicians in conjunction with the Branch manager and Continuous Improvement Department
- Promote and support the initiatives of Commercial Vehicle Services
- Recommend advancement and discipline of the technicians to Branch Management
- Provide adequate structure, direction and feedback to technicians
- Prioritize tasks and allocate resources to service customer’s equipment
- Encourage open communication, cooperation and the sharing of knowledge
- Provide timely feedback and follow up
- Proactively feed information upwards to keep management well informed
- Engender trust and respect among your team
- Ensure alignment with corporate goals
- Continuously monitor technician performance and areas for improvement
- Address problematic performance early on
- Create an environment where employees feel valued, respected, and trusted
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the job
- Complete annual performance appraisals on time
- Insuring the safe operation of the facility and the safety of the employees by promoting a culture of safety, following and supporting corporate safety training and procedures, rules and directives.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Annual Tool and Shoe Allowance; Uniforms
- On-going paid training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Office environment, sedentary job.
- Person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must have the ability to walk/stand throughout the day
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
For more information about PENN Power Group, please visit our website at www.pennpowergroup.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.