Lordstown EV Corp seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline, Collaboration, Design & Innovation, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, for your results.
This is a system administration position that performs both planning and hands-on technical work for the IT infrastructure team. We are a small, solid group looking manage current technologies and push forward new ones.
- Drives the day-to-day operations for High-Performance Computing services by monitoring computing resource performance, managing configurations, and addressing security administration. Applies revisions to system firmware and software.
- Responsible for all levels of Linux Systems administration across a large-scale complex Linux systems.
- Supports the vision for the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Team. Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for HPC.
- Designs, installs, configures, and perform document management for cluster infrastructure, including operating systems, job schedulers, resource managers, provisioning managers, configuration managers, SAN devices, network devices, and other components.
- Manage network infrastructure with Routers & Switches.
- Manage Backup and Recovery.
- Manage Tuning and Optimization.
- Monitoring and maintenance.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to deliver high quality solutions.
- Support for servers and end users related issues.
- Administer change management related to server upgrades and software installation.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of technologies, standards and procedures.
- Participate in the development of information technology and infrastructure projects
- Supports server, network, and desktop software and applications.
- Working with 3rd party Vendors regarding equipment, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Motivated, self-starter that has a strong desire to learn.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required.
- Strong networking skills, detailed understanding of TCP/IP and routing.
- Hands on experience in deploying/configuring/troubleshooting Datacenter network solutions.
- Ability to learn new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- Linux administration, IP Networks, RHEL Openstack, Ansible, Shell scripting.
- Basics of Networking, DNS basics, Linux Firewall management, OpenStack administration, Horizon Monitoring tools (such as Slurm, Warewulf, Ansible, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, and / or Engineering or equivalent is required and compelling demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of solid technical knowledge in providing Linux platform support and administrative support, including management and troubleshooting.
- Illustrates knowledge of at least two of the following technologies: Encryption, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, VPNs, SSL.
- Advanced understanding of Linux including user, network, storage, memory, and security components.
- Experience with Cisco, Aruba, and HP switch technologies.
- Experience administrating Linux systems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with virtualization; VMware ESXi/MS Hyper-V.
- Experience with Storage Systems.
- Good understanding of Hardware.
- Quick learner of new technologies.
Experience supporting the following technologies would be a bonus:
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Aruba Central
- Palo alto firewalls
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.