About E4E Relief
For more than 20 years, E4E Relief has been the market leader in providing disaster and hardship relief grants to individuals in crisis, empowering companies to support their employees and other stakeholders during crisis.
From our headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, we partner with companies and communities to deliver a compassionate response to crisis for their global employees and stakeholders. In the process, our global, charitable business solution allows companies to form a deeper connection with their most valuable asset: their people.
We are organized as a nonprofit social enterprise and live into our values of serving others while we serve and support each other. We have provided hundreds of millions of dollars in grant funding to individuals in over 100 countries the past three years. Over the years, this work has inspired many diverse, talented and passionate individuals to join our team.
Below, you will find a full description of the role we are currently looking to fill.
The Information Security (InfoSec) Engineer is responsible for maintaining and monitoring E4E Relief’s cybersecurity technology in Azure cloud and on-premise environments, and proactive activities to evaluate and improve the overall cyber incident response technical preparedness capability. The role requires a strong understanding and hands-on experience with good-practice cybersecurity methodologies, network protocols and access controls, cloud technologies and infrastructures, including Microsoft cloud, server and endpoint security products and services, physical and virtual firewalls, SIEM, VPN and web proxy, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, and both commercial and open-source security testing and auditing appliances and tools. The InfoSec Engineer coordinates day-to-day security operations (SecOps) with other E4E IT analysts and engineers with support from contracted infrastructure and security managed services providers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safeguarding the organization's data, information systems and networks by enabling appropriate cybersecurity controls.
- Proactive review and improvement of system and security event log threat-hunting and conditional access policies.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Timely response to all system and/or network security alerts, incidents and potential breaches.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Assist in planning and implementation of improvements to security and data protection processes.
- Participating in the enterprise IT change management process.
- Daily SecOps administrative tasks, reporting, security policy reviews and collaborative communications with IT and Business departments and third parties.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 years of hands-on experience with computer security incident detection, incident response, and forensics
- High awareness of cybersecurity threat trends and attack / hacking techniques.
- Job-relevant degree or equivalent work experience is a plus, e.g., computer science, cybersecurity, IT, systems engineering, or related certification or completed training documentation.
- Experience with perimeter firewall rules, security functions and maintenance, MS Azure / Office 365 / Windows OS and Endpoint Security and MS Sentinel (or another SIEM equivalent).
- Proficiency in scripting languages and PowerShell.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, an analytical mind, and good problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to support and learn how to backup other IT security and infrastructure co-workers when needed.