We at Baden Sports believe that in Play, we find that rare convergence of body, mind and spirit. Play connects us to our family, our communities and our friends and in it, we find purpose and learn the meaning of sacrifice, teamwork and perseverance. We believe play is sacred and vital.
It is our Mission to create products and experiences that honor the importance of sports within individuals and communities; inspiring play in all that we do.
Our team thrives on this mission and pursues it through passion, creativity, and innovation.
We are a family owned and operated company located in Renton, Washington with a nearly 40-year history of building world-class sporting goods. Come join us as we continue to build the team of the future.
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----- ----
About this role:
Baden is looking for the perfect person to lead the Product team. This person is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company’s product lines. This person loves sports and is obsessed with understanding the needs of Baden’s customers and converting that insight into market-leading products. This position works closely with members of the marketing, sales, sales support and operations teams to ensure continuity in product offerings and business performance. The Product Manager is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader. This person is a great communicator, extremely organized, possesses strong time management skills and embodies our “One Team Winning Together” philosophy in all that they do.
• Direct and perform all aspects of the product development life-cycle, from new product concept to launch.
• Understand the marketplace and customer needs in order to guide product development.
• Oversee product development process for new products.
• Work closely with the sales and marketing departments to develop launch programs and ongoing sales and marketing strategies.
• Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
• Represent the Product department in group meetings.
• Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve. market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
• Analyze the marketplace and design a market strategy based on the product range.
• Search for and capitalize on new product opportunities.
• Manage Positioning and Branding for the product range.
• Develop and maintain product database with product specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer, co-op, and online advertising and catalogs programs.
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects.
• Manage the Product, Art and Creative teams.
• You have great leadership skills.
• You have the ability to inspire the members of your team.
• You have a strong work ethic and integrity.
• You are detail and process oriented.
• You are good at performing market research.
• You are collaborative and recognize that we win and lose as a team.
• You are passionate about Baden’s vision, mission and values.
• You have a passion for developing products that people love.
• Competitive Compensation
• Product Discounts
• 401(K) retirement plan
• Full Benefit package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, FSA
• Batting Cage Access
Baden Sports offers a casual work atmosphere for passionate employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
• 5 years of product development, marketing or product management experience.
• Knowledge of industry and products.
• Experience in product line management and/or product development.
• Experience developing product marketing strategies.
• Strong team leadership experience.
• Previous Sales and Marketing experience desirable.
• Innovative and creative approach.
• In-depth understanding of a relevant marketplace or industry.
• The ability to analyze and predict market trends.
• Customer relationship and communication skills.