About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball
in the United States with over 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Indoor Manager of the National Team Development Program (NTDP) is a regular full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager, NTDP. The successful candidate will assume a critical role in leading our efforts to identify, recruit, and accelerate the development of high potential youth volleyball players for the ultimate purpose of strengthening future Senior National Teams and improving international competitiveness across Olympic and Paralympic Disciplines of the game. Critically, every initiative within the NTDP will be constructed with the long-term health and wellness of the athlete in mind. Specifically, this position serves as the primary manager overseeing both Boys and Girls Indoor NTDP programs, events, Age Group National Teams, athlete pathways, and associated logistics. The position will play a significant role in the NTDP’s communication and collaboration with collegiate coaches, youth sports organizations and other external stakeholders to advance and elevate NTDP events and initiatives. Extended hours are to be expected to include some nights, weekends and holidays. Cross departmental support is a general expectation of all USAV employees. The position has the option to be remote or located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
· Oversee and assess NTDP Training Series and regional Accelerator initiatives for Boys and Girls Indoor to provide differentiated and developmentally appropriate training and competition experiences for selected athletes.
· Communicate and collaborate with collegiate coaches, club directors and administrators to ensure the participation of high potential athletes in NTDP National Team and Training Series events.
· Lead the assessment and quality improvement of NTDP athlete recommendations by ensuring an efficient process to capture and store video of training and competition for all indoor NTDP events and aligning analyzed video with coach to athlete recommendations.
· With the NTDP Senior Manager identify and contract elite level coaches, staff and guest speakers for all events ensuring all terms of contracts are met at a level of quality expected of the NTDP.
· Work with the NTDP Senior Manager to identify and recruit NTDP scouts for the indoor scouting network ensuring the flow of recommendations of the highest potential youth athletes.
· Identify opportunities and assess processes to elevate athlete, family and staff experiences at all NTDP National Team, Training Series and Accelerator events.
· Oversee the implementation of individual athlete development plans through the NTDP athlete management system for the indoor discipline in collaboration with the Manager of Athlete Development.
· Work with the NTDP Senior Manager to elevate and standardize the quality of coach performance at all NTDP event levels and genders in the indoor discipline.
· Support the NTDP Senior Manager with the alignment of NTDP events and opportunities for differentiated in-person coach education opportunities in collaboration with the Education Services Department.
· Manage the alignment of NTDP events and the capture of NTDP Academy content in collaboration with the NTDP Manager of Athlete Development.
· Serve as Team Leader for Age Group National Teams for domestic training and international competitions, including management of logistics, travel, and athlete oversight.
· Ensure the optimization of departmental resources through effective financial planning and management across all the NTDP indoor budget departments and support the NTDP Senior Manager in budget ownership.
· Collaborate with USAV departments to effectively market, and communicate all elements of the NTDP to athletes, parents, coaches, Regions, and other various stakeholders.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelors’ degree in Business or Sport Administration or related degree or equivalent work experience in high performance sports or event/program management.
· Demonstrated understanding of holistic youth athlete development is required. This includes but is not limited to technical, tactical, physical, and mental/psychological development of youth sport athletes.
· Learning centric, curious, creative, and diversely influenced.
· Ability to think critically, solve problems, and learn from mistakes.
· Driven to seek out and synthesize different ideas and perspectives that can contribute to innovative and impactful programs in support of our strategic initiatives.
· Prompt, professional, and detail oriented with a genuine commitment to deliver world-class programs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to listen effectively and speak with candor, empathy, and humility to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Proficient with office-related software including word processing, database and spreadsheet.
· Ability to collaborate within a team setting, across departments, and across stakeholder groups.
· Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date).
· Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and remain current.
· Completed or currently pursuing a graduate degree in Business, Sports Administration or a related field is a plus.
· Experience with Hudl online video platform and athlete data management systems is a plus.
· Volleyball coaching and/or playing experience is not required but will be positively considered.
· Demonstrated networked experience with collegiate coaches and other stakeholders in the volleyball community.
Salary: $52 - $55K
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
· Paid Time Off
· Up to 15.5 paid holidays per year
· 403B retirement plan
· Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· Parental leave
· Robust EAP and wellness program
· Employer paid life insurance
· Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Monday, March 27, 2023. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.