Provides dental care to patients through evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and restoration at the FHH Dental Practice to include Healthy Smiles in Motion, mobile dental unit. Works under the direction of the Dental Director. Supports and follows through with the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of the Family Healthcare of Hagerstown.
- Performs comprehensive dental evaluations using history, oral examination, and radiographs to determine appropriate treatment plan for each patient.
- Provides appropriate treatment and restoration for each patient in accordance with the documented treatment plan.
- Counsels patients and/or family in oral health related matters.
- Initiates referrals to appropriate specialist and programs.
- Appropriately responds to urgent/emergency dental situations.
- Participates in on-call rotation and responsibilities.
- All dentists must be comfortable with full-scale comprehensive dental care: preventative, restorative, and emergency care.
- Federally Qualified Health Center that treats patients of all ages. Must be comfortable treating pediatrics.
- Will see patients at FHH dental practice and/or "Healthy Smiles in Motion" mobile units. Mobile program treats students at local schools, Head Start, subsidized housing areas, and other community locations.
- Modern updated facility and two mobile units
- HRSA Rated Top 20% of All FQHC Facilities
- Over 95% Patient Satisfaction
- Federal Tort Claims Act Deemed Facility
- Completion of accredited dental school
- Current license to practice in Maryland
- Current BLS and/or ACLS
- Two years experience in dentistry preferred
- DEA License
- Maryland State Dispensing License
- Computer proficiency to include experience with electronic patient records
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT:
Physical: Minimum to intermediate physical effort required. Job includes sitting, standing, reaching, trunk movements, lifting - occasional heavy objects with assistance, carrying, dexterity of hands and fingers, and pushing and pulling. Must be capable of traveling and working in more than one job site. Duties frequently require extended periods of walking. Ability to pass vision and hearing screening as required.
Mental: Frequent periods of concentration, with attention to details with opportunity for diversification of tasks. Sensory requirements include the ability to articulate and comprehend the spoken English language, in addition to being able to read and write the English language.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work performed in a modern well-equipped environment to include mobile unit. Interfaces with fellow employees, patients, and family members, on a daily basis. Possible exposure to infection, virus, and diseases.