Mental Health Therapist (LCSW-C/LCPC)
Under the clinical direction of the Director of Mental Health Services, the therapist evaluates, treats, educates, and monitors individuals belonging to Family Practice who are experiencing emotional and/or mental disorders as defined by the DSM-IV. Performs job duties that are consistent with a model that integrates primary mental health care with primary medical care. Demonstrates a high level of skills necessary to perform the job duties within regular requirements. Supports and follows through with the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of Family Healthcare of Hagerstown.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Customer Relations: Demonstrates regard for, dignity toward, and respect for all clients, their families, guests, and representatives of other organizations to ensure a professional, courteous, caring, and responsive environment in the center.
- Employer/Employee Relations. Maintains respect for employees of the center and their individual commitments and contributions in support of the centers mission to provide consistent high quality patient services.
- Fiscal Responsibility. Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment, and time to promote financial viability through provision of services at a reasonable cost.
- Operations/Quality. Ensures the Center's operations are consistent with standards as identified in policies and procedures of FHH.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling is required.
- Experience. Licensure/Certification must be within the State of Maryland and professional discipline at the level needed for third-party reimbursement.
- Experience working with children a plus.