This position is responsible for assisting with a customer’s financial transactions in an efficient and friendly manner, providing the highest level of customer service. In addition, this position will assist with financial counseling, including opening and servicing of consumer accounts.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provide exceptional customer service through quality conversations and efficient and accurate process of customer transactions.
2. Build relationships with customers by identifying needs and offering solutions.
3. Provide accurate information to customers based on product and service knowledge and understanding of the banking industry.
4. Frequently communicate with customers and employees in person or by phone and exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. Sell, open, and maintain banking products and services to new and existing customers. Cross sell bank products as part of the regular transaction process.
6. Proficient in customer account opening, maintenance, and closing accounts (including checking, savings, CDs and safe deposit boxes).
7. Process check orders; follow check cashing procedures; issue cashier’s checks; process wire transfers, perform online and mobile banking maintenance; process stop payments and debit card disputes.
8. Handle financial transactions efficiently and effectively with all customers (including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments and merchant transactions).
9. Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
10. Perform ITM duties in applicable markets.
11. Meet or exceed all established branch goals and contribute to branch deposit growth.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Accounting or banking experience encouraged
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Understands computer and other equipment capabilities and limitations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures
- Be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Travel to/from and work in multiple locations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation