Lordstown EV Corp seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline, Collaboration, Design & Innovation, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, for your results.
The Powertrain Design Release Engineer is responsible for the development and integration of the Powertrain System components. It requires a detail-oriented individual with can do attitude and excellent communication skills and technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and adaptive person that contributes strong technical expertise to a fast-paced engineering team.
The main function of the DRE is to determine, calculate and optimize Powertrain Systems (Control Unit, OBCM, APM etc.) for various applications while meeting the customer requirements with regards to Powertrain performance and system durability.
- Develop System level schematic for assigned modules.
- Develop and agree performance targets for assigned modules.
- Evaluate assigned module supplier base and propose/select modules that meet required performance targets.
- Work with packaging team to package modules within vehicle considering module specifications.
- Determine the functional manufacturing tolerances for the assembly. Validate the tolerance stack-up to insure assembly compatibility.
- Review with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure design is manufacturable.
- Review and approve 3D model and 2D drawings.
- Work with Powertrain Controls group to ensure module integration is completed successfully. Support DFMEA and FuSa activities as required.
- Develop test plan and procedures to measure module performance and durability.
- Execute the engineering tasks in time to support the program milestones.
- Support the product development activities through the start of production and, during the entire lifecycle of the product.
- Conduct featuring exercise to anticipate changing requirements for design, material, equipment, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering or a related technical field. Master of Science is preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant professional experience in new product development for Automotive Powertrain.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant professional experience supporting EV powertrain integration and design.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong experience in 3D CAD design and PLM software (CATIA V5 / V6 is preferred).
- Participate in the mechanical design and development of state-of-the-art Powertrain / Battery systems.
- Supplier management and coordination for Powertrain systems and components.
- Develop and approve DFMEAs /SFMEAs and DVP&Rs for Powertrain components / systems and interface to other modules.
- Develop solutions and resolve mechanical, electrical and system interface issues with other components.
- High level of interpersonal skills and works effectively with cross-cultural teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong analytical ability.
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T fundamentals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.