You will be responsible for managing inventory based on demand and/or project demand and cost targets; maintain stock at a level that enables internal on and off highway servicing and repair departments to complete their work without delay. This position insures that there is parts delivery to the technicians in the service department. Setting prices, discount levels and planning promotions to increase service activities and OTC retail sales will be included. This position must be able to identify prospects for volume sales, such as fleet operators or independent service and repair centers. The Parts Manager maintains regular contact with major customers to build loyalty and ensure long-term revenue. They are also responsible for operating a retail sales counter for customers with small parts orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- In conjunction with Branch Management, assist with the forecast of monthly and annual parts sales, expenses and net profit goals
- Pricing of planned fleet maintenance parts
- Project inventory levels and mix, identify variances and implement corrections, minimizing obsolescence that support sales forecast
- Meet Company Parts First Fill goal
- Proactively manage an efficient parts delivery network to drive customer satisfaction
- Maintain compliance with all applicable company requirements and guidelines
- Promote interdepartmental and factory relationships while supporting corporate goals and initiatives
- Promote inventory sharing
- Has a dynamic knowledge of LINQ and actively supports and leads the Parts Department engagement and usage with Service employees and the LINQ platform
- Actively support and foster the growth and development of Parts employees to be proficient with Commercial Vehicle Parts sales
- Actively supports the procurement and delivery of the necessary parts and components for the Power Generation product support group (where applicable)
- Direct, motivate a parts counter staff to achieve and exceed sales performance goals
- Oversees merchandising and displays
- Manage responsibilities related to annual physical inventory as well as cycle counting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum High School diploma required.
- Two year associates management degree or equivalent/years of experience.
- Four year Business Management degree is a plus.
- Excellent product knowledge, administrative skills and inventory management experience are important.
- Demonstrable customer service skills including three years previous parts department experience, which will consist of both inside and outside parts selling.
- Minimum three years of experience working in a supervisory capacity in the parts/sales department in heavy duty diesel branch service operation.
- Maintains clean and organized department
- Provide adequate structure, direction and feedback to maintain employee relations
- Encourage open communication, cooperation and the sharing of knowledge
- Ensure alignment with corporate goals and values
- Complete annual performance appraisals on time
- Insure the safe operation of the facility, vehicles and the safety of the employees by promoting a culture of safety, following and supporting corporate safety training and procedures, rules and directives
For more information about PENN Power Group, please visit our website at www.pennpowergroup.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please no phone calls.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact email@example.com (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.