Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual tech company that’s modernizing the world of training. Come share your professional magic with highly talented, drive and fun colleagues who believe in the power of “skilling.” Experience what a true team focused on doing the right thing feels like!
Our people and talent are what make us great and fun! We work together to create amazing solutions and experiences for our customers and their clients. We utilize our employees’ personal strengths to help our company grow and ensure our team is living their best, authentic life. We don’t just share our appreciation for our team members once a year with a branded mug—it’s shared on a daily basis. Our remote work environment blends the demands of work and life without the added pressure of commuting or feeling guilty about leaving early to visit the dentist.
Come work with us and learn what teamwork and integrity blended with an emphasis on well-being and balance can do for your career!
The Social Media Specialist is a key role in communicating and amplifying to the market how experiential hands-on learning and Skillable can help organizations achieve their goals. As a member of our growing marketing department, you will be responsible for maturing Skillable’s social media presence, authority, reach and impact. We want to talk with people, not at them.
This role is responsible for continually shaping how social media will help achieve our organizational objectives and goals and then executing on those plans. You are responsible for content ideation, content creation, content sourcing; managing audience/follower interactions (inbound and outreach); reporting on performance and uncovering actionable insights.
You will report to Skillable’s Marketing Director and will work closely with entire marketing team. You will establish relationships with cross functional departments such as Sales, Product and Customer Support as necessary.
- Lead the development, planning and execution of social media campaigns and initiatives that align to organizational goals
- Increase Skillable’s visibility and presence across relevant social media and community platforms
- Manage the social media editorial calendar and posting cadences
- Develop Skillable’s social selling capabilities
- Help determining KPIs and metrics for the team to drive success forward
- Offer strategic guidance and recommendations to business partners and stakeholders on social media best practices for product marketing and promotions
- Create and publish engaging, relevant, original, high-quality content across applicable social media platforms that builds awareness, drives traffic to our site and creates opportunities for lead generation
- Incorporate A/B testing to identify and lead social performance improvements
- Create and/or oversee design of assets to be used on social channels (i.e., images to accompany posts, ads, blog content, landing pages; dynamic multimedia, etc.)
- Create programs and opportunities that foster UGC
- Identify and curate relevant content to share across our channels
- Monitor trends using social media tools, applications, design and strategy
- Continually explore new creative approaches and strategies for social media content
- Own the inbound inquiry experience
- Find outreach opportunities for Skillable to engage with industry-leaders, followers and partner
- Responsible for social monitoring and listening
- Find opportunities for outbound engagement
- Analyze campaigns and translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, SEO, and social advertising campaigns
- Analyze performance and effectiveness of all organic and paid social media campaigns and activities
- Support and promote the company value through positive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Other strategic business initiatives or special cross-functional project involvement as required
- 3+ years communications or related marketing/advocacy/social media experience required
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to various audiences/levels including leadership through various mediums
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Experience with Google Analytics 4, Hootsuite, Canva, CrazyEgg, SEMRush
- Experience working cross-functionally and promoting collaborative partnerships to drive results
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, or digital related field OR equivalent experience
- Must have a bias towards action and are always wanting to learn
- Regularly partner with team members to support their success with authenticity
- Must possess great humility and accountability
What’s in it for You? Rewards and Perks
We believe in providing a suite of benefits that ensure our employees know we appreciate them as people first. Skillable wants to be a company that promotes physical, emotional and all around well-being through our benefit offerings! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Fully remote with a monthly stipend to pay for office services and supplies
- Medical (2 plan options), dental (2 plan options), vision, health savings account with generous employer contributions, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, EAP, group paid life insurance, group paid STD and LTD and voluntary life/AD&D insurance, accident and critical illness options.
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, healthy lifestyle reimbursements.
- Open PTO, Paid holidays, bereavement leave, parental leave, caregiver leave and paid FMLA leave.
- Friends and Family Friday to end our standard workweek at 2pm local time; Full company closure during the 4th of July holiday week.
- Access to pet insurance; Access for employees and dependents to Skillable learning opportunities through our product and more!
The job conditions for this position are in a remote home office setting, requiring a space that supports privacy and focus to attend to regular and frequent video and voice calls. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Periodic travel may be required equaling up to approximately 10% of the time.