The New Business Representative is responsible for prospecting, quoting, and binding new Commercial Lines accounts. This position will develop new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contribute to meeting team growth goals. Specific sales goals are determined during the yearly planning process for this position.
- Responsible for marketing and placing new small market business accounts through on-line quoting and/or by completing and submitting applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets.
- Prepare proposals that educate customers and make suggestions for appropriate coverage. This includes identifying any gaps in their current coverage and/or potential risk control concerns.
- Develop new business relationships and perpetuate a loyal customer base through outbound calls and other communication methods.
- Cross-sell existing accounts, which includes developing monoline policy lists generated by the agency systems as well as company systems.
- Work with Account Managers to review existing policies and remarket if necessary.
- Ask for referrals from insureds to help generate new business.
- Refer clients to Financial Services Department and Personal Lines for other insurance needs.
- Keep informed of changing trends within the industry for the purpose of anticipating and responding to customer needs.
- Meet sales and profitability objectives as established by management.
- May service new and existing accounts, including account management responsibility.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technologically savvy; must be able to work with multiple carrier rating systems and have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, have effective interaction with people through written and verbal communication. Multilingual ability would be a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to self-manage priorities and workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of client sales, transactions and other responsibilities.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks in a fast paced, high pressure/high reward environment.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; College education desirable or equivalent insurance experience.
- 3 years of Commercial Lines insurance experience with a strong understanding of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations.
- P&C license required.
- HRA plan pays significant portion of medical deductible
- company paid life/STD/LTD
- 401k company match
- vac/sick/floater time off
- educational support
- 4pm close on Fridays
- monthly office lunches
- additional voluntary benefits