About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the world's fastest-growing and most exciting sports? USA Volleyball is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Coordinator, Beach National Team Development Program (BNTDP) is a regular full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager of BNTDP. This position coordinates essential activities, projects, and logistics for Beach Youth and Junior National Team Programs to align with the NTDP mission to identify, recruit, and accelerate the development of high-potential youth volleyball players to strengthen our National Team programs to achieve sustained competitive excellence. Extended hours and travel are expected to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a growth mindset, the ability to handle multiple competing demands, and can accommodate an extensive domestic travel schedule. Some international travel may also be required. This position also requires the ability to work on the beach in varied weather conditions including heat, sun, wind, rain, and cold for non-traditional work hours.
This position is located in Torrance, California.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Beach Youth and Junior National Team Programs.
- Assist the Senior Manager BNTDP in evaluating and maximizing the effectiveness of the department. Provide oversite at Regional, National, and International BNTDP events and competitions as assigned.
- Work alongside the Senior Manager BNTDP and the Boys Lead to create actionable individual development programs for each player.
- Coordinate essential activities, projects, logistics, and support of the BNTDP.
- Assist with the BNTDP event planning, organizing, and scheduling.
- Manage all aspects of the girls’ Beach NTDP depth chart.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information and/or concerns expressed by female athletes, and parents of female athletes.
- Assist the Senior Manager BNTDP with budgets, forecasts, and periodic financial reviews.
- Collect results and feedback from BNTDP events, camps, and competitions, disseminate them to athletes, and update files and the website.
- Create and maintain event registrations and field questions regarding BNTDP.
- Work with BNTDP hosts to publicize events to members and non-members and to confirm schedules and logistics.
- Organize, pack, and ship equipment for regional, national, and international events. Track and maintain BNTDP equipment inventory.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in event management.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Displays proficiency with computers and office productivity software.
- Demonstrates reliability and ability to perform under pressure.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and a focus on details.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (before hire date).
- Must complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date. Training must be maintained throughout employment.
- Must be authorized and eligible to work in the U.S.
- A bachelor's degree in Sport Management or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Work experience within a collegiate, professional, or Olympic Sports Organization(s) is preferred.
- Exhibits experience with various coaching and instructional techniques to maximize learning across the physical, tactical, technical, and mental aspects of player development.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and interest in applying measurement and analysis techniques.
Commensurate with experience
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
Applications are accepted online only. Phone calls are not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Tuesday, March 28, 2023, and will be reviewed at that time. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.