Skybound is looking for an experienced and creative Senior Gameplay Engineer to help build a thrilling new game franchise. Senior Gameplay Engineers build and maintain foundational systems and features like character combat, animation, player stats and abilities, achievements, physics and collision, camera, and cinematics. The ideal candidate will be passionate about bringing amazing gameplay and player empowerment from concept to completion.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will work collaboratively with cross functional teams from the foundations of a new, unannounced project. You’ll create and contribute to multiple systems and help maintain the highest bar for quality. If you are looking for a team with combat DNA, this may be the role for you!
Reports: This position will report to the Executive Producer of an Unannounced Project
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading large tech initiatives managing scope and execution
- Work collaboratively with a team of passionate engineers, designers, artists and animators
- Create and improve tools and workflows to assist in rapid development and prototyping
- Represent the player at all times, delivering satisfying, polished, and extensible game features
- Optimize and debug both code and content across the game as needed
- Work in an Agile process to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiar with core gameplay systems – scripting/blueprints, UI, rendering, animation, data tables
- Shipped at least one title on PC/Console as a Gameplay Engineer
- Understanding of animation technology and character controls
- Experience with character combat, AI, and sophisticated character state machines
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Unreal Engine experience?
- Passion for video game development, combat-oriented games, and Skybound IP
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $120 - $160K
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.