AFG is seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Financial Planning Associate to collaborate with and support a team of financial planners and advisors. The Financial Planning Associate is responsible for delivering exceptional comprehensive financial planning and investment management services to clients. This position is part of an experienced and knowledgeable team that prides itself on consistently exceeding expectations.
This role will enjoy a remote/hybrid schedule working out of the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office 2 days a week. This position reports to the Practice Manager.
A typical day will include a mix of the following tasks:
Financial Planning Reports:
- Completes financial planning reports and related tasks.
- Collects, organizes, and extracts relevant financial information from internal sources and third parties to create and update financial planning reports.
- Summarizes and interprets investment assets, trusts, wills, estate and legal documents, retirement plan statements, tax returns, pay statements, etc.
- Compiles data into spreadsheet format and planning software.
- Prepares exhibits for client presentations.
Analysis & Research:
- Maintains knowledge of current industry issues pertaining to financial and tax planning, investment management, estate, and reporting.
- Analyzes financial planning reports to form logical conclusions based on economic principals.
- Completes analysis and research projects. Will summarize findings, requests feedback from advisors and the financial planning group.
Administration & Recordkeeping:
- Create, update, and maintain orderly client paper and digital files as needed.
- Calculates and enter cost basis information.
- Confirms portfolio accounting software accuracy.
- Performs data reconciliation and research on portfolios for financial reporting.
- Assists in the creation, enhancement, documentation of processes and procedures.
You might be a great match if you have:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong attention to detail mindset with a focus on accuracy, initiative, and follow-through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with clients and colleagues, both remotely and in-person.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or progress toward completion strongly preferred.
- The ability to quickly become proficient in various client management and financial related software programs (eMoney and Holistiplan tax software).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with specific focus on Excel. Previous experience creating and modifying spreadsheet formulas and macros is preferred.
What AFG Offers:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical (2 plan options), dental, vision, core and buy-up life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage and company funded flexible spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off program.
- A best-in-class 401K plan with online planning and reporting tools.
- Wellness program with additional time off rewards.
- Easily accessible office with free parking for onsite days.
Allegheny Financial Group, LTD is an SEC-registered investment advisory firm that offers clients guidance in every aspect of their financial life, including financial planning, portfolio management, market analysis, risk management, and business and estate planning. As a firm that pioneered financial planning in Pittsburgh, Allegheny has earned clients' trust for over 45 years with a high degree of personal attention combined with specialized knowledge, an integrated team-based approach, and first-class market research. For more information, go to Allegheny Financial Group