GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Contribute to the financial stability of the Credit Union by providing members with service on accounts.
1. Provide and/or process the following account services to members according to credit union established procedures: deposit and loan payments; check cashing; travelers checks; redeeming savings bonds; access safe deposit box; answer questions in person and/or over the phone. Assist members with the opening and closing of safe deposit boxes. Perform basic account maintenance functions, including: check orders, debit card orders, name and address changes.
2. Further enhance member relationship by offering additional credit union products and services.
1. Maintain and balance cash drawer, checks, travelers checks, cashiers checks, and money orders within established policy limits.
2. Maintain operational knowledge by staying informed of policies and procedures.
Security and Compliance
1. Follow regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related policies.
2. Comply with Credit Union operations and security procedures by preparing currency transaction reports, suspicious activity reports, participating in all dual control functions, and adhering to authority limits, policies and procedures.
3. Maintain confidentiality and protect credit union operations by keeping negotiable instruments, cash, keys and member and/or credit union information secure at all times.
Professional Knowledge and Development
1. Assist with training of new employees.
2. Maintain credit union workflow by cooperating with co-workers and providing necessary information to the appropriate people.
3. Enhance job performance by applying up to date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions and reviewing professional publications.
4. Participate in committee and team projects outside the branch as assigned by the Branch Manager.
5. Continuously strive to meet organizational objectives through personal and branch goals.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contribute to attaining Credit Union objectives by accomplishing related results as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, over the phone, and via computer or other electronic means.
2. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, members, and the general public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
3. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret operational documents, policies and regulations.
4. Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good-time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
5. Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing software applications and e-mail.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
8. Ability to cross-sell Credit Union services effectively and accurately.
9. Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
11. Ability to work with co-workers and members professionally and tactfully.
12. Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
13. Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of high school-level mathematics in order to calculate figures and amounts.
3. Successful completion of high school-level English grammar in order to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with co-workers and members.
4. Minimum of 1-2 years experience in financial industry, sales and service, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
5. Minimum of 2 years cash handling.
6. Requires the availability to work Monday – Saturday hours.
7. Must be bondable.