Lordstown EV Corp seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline, Collaboration, Design & Innovation, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, for your results.
As a member of the Electrical System group the Electrical Wiring Manager is responsible for the delivery of the complete low voltage and high voltage wire harness system with status updates, timing, product content, BOM, and component selection. This position will receive direction from the Director of Vehicle Electrical Systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Design Release Engineers (DREs) responsible for design and development
- Work as the DRE when needed to fill resource gaps and during high workload cycles
- Establish requirements for components within the Wiring system and SORs for sourcing decisions
- Develop targets for investment (engineering and tooling), piece price costs and functional specifications
- Work with Design team in setting design direction and leading development, interfacing with electrical module owners to establish and manage DTs
- Implement wiring development tools, such as Capital or Zuken, to improve the accuracy and timing of wiring design and better integration with suppliers
- Lead and/or participate in technical design reviews with suppliers
- Assure all supplier manufacturing readiness, assembly processing and countermeasure plans are included early in the engineering development phase
- Track Open Issues, communicate issues to all groups and setup meetings as required to close all issues. Escalate major issues immediately to leadership
- Develop, track and update vehicle level specifications for Infotainment based on ‘Voice of Customer’ requirements
- Plan assembly and component timing alignment with overall program timing and mitigate strategies as appropriate to resolve conflicts
- Project management of the full development process through each state and tracking against milestones.
- Assure Piece Cost Targets, ED&D Budget, Timing, Weight and Quality intent is achieved
- Approve and/or release assemblies and components into the PLM system
- Provide DFMEA and DVP&R guidance and approval
- Minimum of 10 years wire harness development, integration, and validation
- BS Electrical Engineering required; master’s degree preferred
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Both High Voltage and Low Voltage wire harness experience
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN, Ethernet, LVDS, and A2B protocol physical topology requirements
- Experience with harness development tools such as Capital and Zuken
- Problem solving experience where issues are unusual and difficult
- Previous OEM and automotive experience preferred
- Previous assembly plant launch experience preferred
- PPAP experience developing and creating Design records, FMEA’s, Control Plans, etc.
- Experience working with wire harness standards such as:
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Hybrid or Electric Vehicle experience
- Familiarity with the light to mid-duty truck segment features such as trailer tow, cargo lighting, and up-fitters features
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.