Who We Are
deepwatch is redefining cybersecurity and is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. (Top 50 based on last year’s Inc5000). deepwatch serves an impressive list of Fortune 50 and Global 2000 companies as well as numerous mid-sized enterprises. We’ve established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors and serve as a trusted advisor to our customers. Our Core Values drive all aspects of the business and have been paramount to the company’s success and foster our dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace. At deepwatch, your colleagues are some of the most technically astute minds in cybersecurity, who are passionate, knowledgeable, and willing to provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
deepwatch’s next generation Managed Security Services (MSSP) solution is redefining the industry. If you have the passion, work ethic, winning attitude and competitive mindset to be at the forefront of the best entrepreneurial MSSP in the U.S., we want you on our team.
- Knowledgeable and skilled colleagues seeking collaboration
- We pay 100% of our employees’ health, dental, life & disability insurance premiums and a generous portion for dependents
- We provide access to competitive 401k retirement plans upon eligibility
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Company Holidays
- Most positions allow for some amount of telework and flextime, enabling our employees to manage work & life
- All employees enjoy a generous mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Apple products
- Robust referral bonus program
- Career paths
- Training & Development opportunities
Principal Data Scientist (R&D)
The deepwatch research and development team is responsible for building and maintaining security operations center (SOC) products for both internal and external Managed Security Services (MSS) customers. The deepwatch Principal Data Scientist will be part of the research and development team building and maintaining solutions around Machine Learning for the deepwatch platform.
- Responsible for solving difficult data problems while embracing cyber security challenges with open arms
- Role will develop predictive models and classifiers that will be implemented as commercial solutions
- Gathering and processing data at scale, writing scripts, building and calling APIs, and writing queries
- Create predictive models from multiple datasets to support security research
- Visualize threat signal data and uncover how security vulnerabilities, malware, and patterns spread across networks and drive analytic development to build libraries for persistent detection
- Drive the development of Machine Learning use cases to detect malicious activity in customer environments with quarterly content updates
- Provide documentation to Threat Hunt and Analyst teams around data analytics and mathematical decisions, with actionable workflows for threat investigation of ML alerts
- Business intuition and clear expertise in analyses with the ability to describe analytic processes, including when and why specific approaches are favored
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing
- Lead data source collection analysis and perform ground truth generation, normalization, and transformation of deepwatch data sets into the content library
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals that create security outcomes for deepwatch customers
- Build models that elevate the customer experience and release/track impact (security outcomes) for deepwatch customers over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from product, delivery, analysis, and threat hunting teams.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions that drive analytics, content libraries, and automation outcomes
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data analysis and data modeling infrastructure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Data Sciences
- 2+ years-experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
- AWS data engineering experience
- Proficiency in Python and other programming / scripting languages
- Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect technique/model outputs and performance
- An ability to work successfully across a globally distributed team and geographical boundaries to deliver joint initiatives
- Capable of leading and executing on data acquisition, cleaning, and storage for individual initiatives
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability and interest to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Ridge/Lasso, SVM, time series techniques et. al.
- Exceptional numerical and statistical ability, with excitement for applying analytics to client challenges and significant experience using analytic / database software and languages such as SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, etc.
- Exceptional applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Expert level competency with common data science toolkits, such as NumPy, pandas, sparkML, scikitLearn, etc.
- Expert level knowledge of analytics languages (Python, Ruby, Shell) and automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Experience with AWS, Splunk, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Dynamo
- Focus on using data and objective, empirical methods to understand where we are and how to improve
- Superior critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Experience working on a small, fast-moving, high capability team
- Willing to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset
- Natural inclination to demand rigor in everything you build, even while building fast and adapting plans as we grow
- Desire to build and develop knowledge for the company, and use analytics to solve customer problems
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies, plus the ability to figure out the best tools for a given problem.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to non-technical audiences
- Team player with a passion for coaching colleagues and customers
Equal Opportunity Employer
deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.