Quality, Service, Collaboration, Courage. Do you exhibit these values and wish to be around others that do too? Are you interested in making a difference in your community and the world? Are you looking for a place where you can grow and learn in a diverse, community-minded culture? If these statements resonate with you, Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing (GRAM) welcomes you to apply to join our community of dedicated individuals improving lives every day.
Overview of this Position:
The QC Chemist supports quality systems as they relate to the manufacturing and testing of cGMP drug products. These duties include, but are not limited to, providing general laboratory support for raw material, in-process, stability, and finished product testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and/or other related discipline (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology).
- Minimum of 1 years pharmaceutical or testing experience for a Chemist I. Minimum of 3 years for a Chemist II.
- Qualification for use of a full-face respirator is required.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff, and regulatory agencies by exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform physical, chemical, and instrumental analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients and finished pharmaceutical products.
- Prepare standards and samples for analysis.
- Run instrumentation independently including, but not limited to, HPLC, FTIR, UV VIS, and physical testing on pharmaceutical products according to client/compendia procedures and departmental SOPs.
- Independently, or with vendor, troubleshoot instrumentation issues as related to testing.
- Independently author or edit internal test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Data review: ensure that the client receives quality data by reviewing laboratory data for accuracy, clarity, and adherence to GMP and/or GLP regulations.
- Process data, generate reports, and evaluate data.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with cGMPs, company SOP’s, and current industry practice.
Full job description available during formal interview process.
What Sets GRAM Apart from Other Employers:
MEDICAL BENEFITS starting day 1: Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits are available to you and your family on your first day of work, with the company paying for 75% of the cost! Once eligible for the 401(k) program, all your contributions are immediately 100% vested, and you are immediately vested in GRAM contributions as well. We also offer generous off-shift premiums!
Paid VOLUNTEERISM starting day 1: GRAM encourages giving back to our community by offering 16 hours of paid volunteer time per calendar year!
PTO: Full-time employees accrue up to 17 days of time off per calendar year. You choose how to use this time for your vacation, sick, or mental health needs!
PAID HOLIDAYS: We offer 8 paid holidays per calendar year with immediate eligibility!
PAY: Depends on Experience and is discussed during the interview process. Shift differential available for second and third shift!