Owned by a group of Minnesota-based electric cooperatives, Heartland Security Services designs and installs custom home and business security systems that protect property and people. Our award-winning emergency response, exceptional service, and competitive rates will give you peace of mind and keep your home or business running smoothly. Visit our website at https://www.heartlandss.com/.
The Security Technician is responsible to Install, program, maintain and repair security alarm wiring and equipment and ensures work is in accordance with relevant codes for Heartland Security. We are willing to train someone who doesn't have direct experience. Successful Technicians are self-starters, work well independently, and love learning new technology.
This position will serve the Southeast Minnesota territory, south of I-90 and east of I-35. Technicians travel to jobs across the territory and start/end from home. Ideal locations are Albert Lea, Austin, Winona, LaCrosse or Decorah.
Pay and Benefit
$22-25/ hour depending on qualifications. HSS also provides on-call pay, a company vehicle and annual bonus
List key responsibilities
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, floors, and other areas as required. Examine systems to locate problems such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, then position and terminate cables, wires and strapping.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures have been met.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach electrical and telephone wiring in order to connect components.
- Mount raceways and conduits, and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Keep informed of new products and developments. Order equipment and control inventory parts.
- Perform a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and basic network related problems encountered by end-users of the network.
- Complete all paperwork promptly including timesheets, service tickets, Riders, inventory sheets, and other required for each job.
- Low voltage training or experience preferred (we will train the right candidate)
- Valid driver license
- Basic understanding of IPV4 and how to assign a computer an IP address.
- Basic use laptops, tablets and smart phones
- Basic understanding of wireless networking
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.