RaganSmith is looking for a full-time Roadway Construction Inspector based in our Chattanooga office. This position is responsible for oversight of Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) projects with the Tennessee Department of Transportation and local municipalities.
- Conduct construction inspections on bridge, highway, and railroad projects in accordance with client’s adapted procedures and policies
- Provide inspection services for conformance to plans and specifications for all roadway, structures, and specialty items
- Observe, measure, and record all construction quantities for contractor payment
- Record field measurements in project records for review by the client or auditors
- Review traffic control daily
- Document and distribute weekly project traffic control on required forms
- Inspect daily erosion control items for compliance and effectiveness in the field
- Prepare to justify all pay quantity questions by the contractor or client
- Prepare and sign accurate daily diary consisting of contractor information, project history, events, equipment, orders, times, etc.
- Additional related duties as needed
- 1 year+ of relevant experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Transportation (bridge, roadway, rail) construction inspection experience
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety Training, Radiation Safety/Nuclear Gauge / Hazmat Training, TDOT Concrete Field Testing, TDOT Soils & Aggregate, and TDOT Hot Mix Asphalt Roadway Certifications preferred
- Experience with Site Manager Software and Roadway Plans preferred
- Willingness to work overtime, limited nighttime construction, and overnight travel as needed
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Focus on work-life balance
- Company vehicle for work purposes
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.