Full-Time Crew Leader (Construction/Landscaping) - Charleston, SC
We are looking for someone who appreciates the outdoors and enjoys working with their hands! As part of the Valor Environmental Team, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining cutting-edge protective measures that help improve and protect the environment! An honest day’s work for a good cause! Your growth in the company is only capped by your desire to learn and perform. So if you are ready to build a meaningful career, Valor Environmental may be right for you!
Valor Environmental is the largest full-service environmental services company in the United States. Valor’s services include erosion control, land services, street sweeping, and site maintenance nationwide. Valor provides cost-effective and need-based solutions to residential, commercial, and government clients across 20 major U.S. markets. Led by industry veterans, Valor Environmental supports clients’ compliance with both external and internal standards from the first phase of a new development to the last quality control inspection.
• Leads all efforts of crew work for the day’s events (driving to site, management of materials, quality of work, sign off on inspection reports, communication in field, care of materials and tools, managing overtime, illustrating safety measures, etc.)
• Interacts with clients on site to assure work is done
• Reinforces company culture with crew (attire, communication, work ethic, safety, attitude)
• Assures that job materials are well kept, maintained and utilized without waste
• Leads the work effort in the field and becomes adept at installation and maintenance of storm water protective measures
• Operates heavy equipment (trencher, skid steer, bobcat, backhoe, sweeper) and truck/trailer safely. Abides by all applicable laws/regulations.
• Demonstrates organization and electronic usage capability (i.e. using phone, computers, etc.)
• Completes all required paperwork and submissions accurately and timely
• Additional duties as assigned
• Previous construction or landscaping experience preferred
• Previous leadership experience
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Comfortable and capable using technology
• Must be able to physically work outdoors in all types of weather
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be able to work weekends and extended hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Be able to reach overhead. Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Accident Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off
· 401k with great company match
· Bi-weekly pay
· Year-Round work