The Customer Support Center Specialist I is responsible for providing professional, knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and efficient service to all customers. Utilize knowledge of the Bank’s products and services and system technology platforms to address and resolve general customer inquiries, including Debit/ATM card issues, and other basic electronic banking functions. Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services by recognizing what’s right for the customer. The Customer Support Center Specialist works closely with team members and other Bank departments to create and support a positive team-building atmosphere.
- Demonstrate professional, courteous, and accurate service to Customers via the phone, chat and/or email through effectively addressing inquiries and servicing accounts, while always adhering to Quality Customer Service standards
- Provide problem resolution to internal and external customers while recognizing when to escalate more difficult issues to the Customer Support Center Supervisor.
- Proactively maintain a thorough working knowledge of bank products, services and delivery platforms to effectively address customer telephone, chat and e-mail inquiries, as well as seek opportunities to cross sell products and services to drive additional satisfaction and Bank sales
- Sustain a referral culture in all aspects of the position and interactions; directing and coordinating referrals to the applicable departments as appropriate.
- Support the introduction and maintenance of new bank products and services.
- Conduct account research as needed.
- Accurately process customer accounts that have been opened online, following up as necessary for required information .
- Proactively monitor, track and follow up on pending items, system updates, and internal communications to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with Federal and State banking regulations and adheres to all Bank policies and procedures.
- Backup for Deposit Operations and other Customer Support Center Specialists on cross trained various duties, as necessary.
- Review and maintain Address Change report for accuracy.
- Process customer mail deposits and loan payments efficiently and accurately.
- Set mobile deposit limits on new accounts according to bank policy,
- Assists employees and customers with defined system password lockouts and resets.
- Assists bank staff with addressing ebanking and ATM/Debit Card questions or problem.
- Provide customer support for retail online enrollment, password resets and HELOC online enrollment.
- Assist customers with debit card limit increases within authority per bank guidelines.
- Assist customers with mobile deposit limit increase within authority per bank guidelines.
- Accurately and efficiently assist customers with (REG E) Electronic Fund Transfer Act disputes by gathering information to be processed within the required timeline.
- Submit and monitor 360 Tickets through resolution.
- Performs call center software and telephone system maintenance.
- Saturday coverage is required.
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Teamwork and positive approach: Co-operates within the group and across groups. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of prior customer service experience, preferably in branch banking, is required.
- Previous Call Center and Sales experience is recommended.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
- Good communication, listening and questioning skills are required. Ability to apply knowledge to create a positive rapport with customers.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs.
- General office/bank environment
- Ability to type, read, write and possess computer and telephone skills
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively