Are you a talented digital fundraiser who is passionate about progressive causes? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment? Are you excited about collaborating with a team to build something greater than what can be built alone?
Avalon is a full-service direct marketing fundraising consulting agency, and we are looking for a skilled digital project manager to help create and implement online fundraising campaigns to drive engagement and bring in revenue for our nonprofit clients. We are looking for someone who has a mix of experience in email marketing, digital advertising, social media, project management and/or digital fundraising, or equivalent skills.
As a company, equity and inclusion are in our DNA. We were founded over two decades ago to create a place for women to have a seat at the table in a male-dominated direct marketing industry. Today we acknowledge that we must take meaningful action towards building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive company, and we encourage people from all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, national origins, and more to apply.
We are also pleased to offer a remote-first work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office, with occasional travel required for client meetings, industry events/training, or company gatherings.
What You'll Do with Us
- Collaborate with client teams and outside vendors to develop and implement effective digital fundraising and membership campaigns that drive engagement and revenue.
- Serve as lead project manager to ensure jobs are delivered on message, on time, and on budget.
- Manage all the nitty-gritty details of getting a digital campaign out the door, identify problems, provide solutions, and report up or down as needed.
- Schedule and participate in internal team meetings and client meetings to discuss creative strategy for direct marketing campaign.
- Develop creative briefs, campaign reports, and campaign budgets for all client digital campaigns.
- Recommend list segmentation strategy and list hygiene strategy for all email marketing campaigns.
- Implement email marketing campaigns, as needed.
- Collaborate with paid media team to implement and manage digital advertising campaigns.
- Manage internal Avalon review process and quality control checks.
- Coordinate with clients, account teams, copywriters, designers, and vendors to ensure everyone is in sync on specifications of the job including but not limited to strategy, schedule, and execution.
- Analyze campaign results, identify key takeaways, and draft campaign reports.
- Support day-to-day management of client relationship.
What we need from you:
- 3 years of digital fundraising experience (agency experience preferred, but not required)
- Ability to interpret online fundraising metrics and uncover key takeaways based on those metrics
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to ensure attention to detail and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Strong ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Experience using email platforms and CRMs.
- Confident presence in virtual meetings; ability to engage people remotely.
- Proven ability to pick up new skills on the job.
- Basic HTML knowledge is preferred, but not required.