Burton, TX • Program Department
Lifeguards are a part of our Program Staff team. Program staff are key in creating and maintaining a professional, fun and safe environment where the Camp For All mission is carried out through high quality programs.
List of Essential Duties
- Participate in applicable portions of summer orientation and training for Camp For All programs
- Possess or obtain program certifications including Red Cross Lifeguard or Shallow Water Lifeguard Certification (valid through August 11, 2023)
- Exhibits the ability to manage assigned program activity area(s), including planning and execution of organized activities at the pool, lake and water day locations.
- Demonstrates the desire to learn, understand and adapt to the needs of individual campers
- Follows all safety standards set by Camp For All and the Program Manager in accordance with Texas Department of Health and the American Camp Association
- Immediately corrects any safety infractions and/or reports such to supervisor
- Displays the ability and desire to work as a team with other program staff
- Manages free time in a responsible manner so as to be fully prepared for each group of campers
- Follows a variety of instructions, procedures and safety rules
- Maintains a flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed
Lifeguard reports directly to the Lead or Program Manager
Lifeguards are a part time seasonal staff member. Pay starts at $12/hr. Certification reimbursement is available. Meals during assigned shifts (typically lunch) are included at no cost to staff member.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard or Shallow Water Lifeguard Certification (through August 11, 2023)
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Desire to work with the special needs population
- Availability Monday through Thursdays, 9am -6pm. (Additional occasional night or weekends shifts may be available)
Starting at $12/hr