Job Summary: Provide personalized career coaching support to help adult job seekers build confidence, reduce barriers and find quality employment. Through one-on-one coaching sessions and teaching job preparation workshops, Career Advisors support job seekers on their path to employment by assisting them with resume writing, online job search/applications, mock interviews and by offering client-centered case management.
Salary Range: $21.00 - $30.00 per hour
Hiring Range: $21.00 - $28.00 per hour
JFS supports a flexible work environment with hybrid work options available to most positions. Colorado residency is required. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter with their resume. Tell us why you want to work with us!
· Evaluate barriers to employment, assist job seekers to identify needs, goals, challenges, and create job search, participation and accountability plans
· Assist clients with job search activities, such as writing/editing resumes, cover letters, and profiles while also offering online job search, application and interview support.
· Connect clients with JFS employer partners and other community resources such as GED, ESL, or digital literacy programs.
· Enter data and maintain detailed records of participant activities, progress, and outcomes using various databases and tracking methods
· Help teach foundational career topics and essential life skills workshops in-person and virtually
· Assist with curriculum design and development
· Set up classrooms for onsite workshops, record and monitor class attendance to assist with reporting
Case Management and Data Entry
· Contact clients consistently throughout their entire job search journey and communicate regularly with them using a strengths-based, trauma-informed approach
· Enter detailed, accurate case notes and keep organized client files by documenting all interactions and progress to ensure data integrity and client accountability
· Track and report on measurable employment outcomes according to various city, state, and federal grants
· Communicate and collaborate well with other team members cross-departmentally
· Coordinate and assist with special department programs such as job fairs and training sessions
· Partner with community-based employment partners and agencies to advance the mission of JFS’s Employment Services Department
· Participate in staff trainings as required and engage with inter-agency programs and committees
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (proof required), subject to legally required exemptions.
JFS is a nonprofit human services organization that serves anyone in need – regardless of their circumstances or religious beliefs. We believe in a shared responsibility to support impactful changes throughout our community.
Founded 150 years ago, we currently offer more than 30 programs and services, including food security, housing stability, mental health counseling, aging care, employment support, and disability services. JFS takes a holistic approach, assessing the various needs of the individual or family and provides the appropriate services all from one organization. We continuously evaluate the evolving challenges of our community and adapt or develop programs that respond to the resulting needs.
We are very proud of our work culture, including recently completing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion assessment. JFS offers competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending account, Legal/ID Theft, supplemental insurances, company-paid Life/LTD, Employee Assistance Programs, 401(k), 15 paid holidays and a generous leave program. JFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in workforce development, social work, nonprofit or closely related human service industry, preferred
- Requires 2+ years of career coaching experience and/or knowledge of best practices about career development/vocational services such as resume writing, online job search/applications, interview preparation, and delivering person-centered coaching to individuals from socially and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of multiple job search, vocational training and career-related topics, plus strong writing, presentation, and data entry skills
- Service-oriented and dedicated to meeting customers’ needs in a culturally responsive way.
- Superb interpersonal communication, public speaking and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including the full MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Teams), CRM databases
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively while attending to details and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and adapt quickly when priorities change
- Work collaboratively with staff, internal/external stakeholders, and a diverse client base in a hybrid environment