AFG is seeking a highly driven and knowledgeable Financial Planning Analyst to collaborate with and support the financial planning department. The Financial Planning Analyst will serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Practice group on top of performing the essential duties and responsibilities. This position is part of an experienced and knowledgeable team that prides itself on consistently exceeding expectations.
This role will enjoy a remote/hybrid schedule but will spend time in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office during the orientation and training period, and to complete special projects if needed.
A typical day will include a mix of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and advice to clients and team members including all areas that pertain to financial planning.
- Assists in managing daily activities, workflow, and efficient operation of the financial planning process/team.
- Undertakes projects which are client specific or that may have practice wide planning impact.
- Provides new ideas and implements new/existing financial planning tools to improve the financial planning product and process.
- Assists, in some capacity, with meeting preparation as well as but not limited to new case presentations and advisory level client interaction.
Financial Planning Reports:
- Completes financial planning reports and compiles data into spreadsheet format.
- Collects, organizes, and extracts relevant financial information from internal sources and third parties to create and update financial planning reports.
- Summarizes and interprets, investment assets, trusts, wills, estate and legal documents, retirement, etc.
- Prepares exhibits for client presentations.
Analysis & Research:
- Maintains knowledge of current industry issues pertaining to financial and tax planning, investment management, estate, and reporting.
- Analyzes financial planning reports to form logical conclusions based on economic principals.
- Completes analysis and research projects. Will summarize findings, requests feedback from advisors and the financial planning department.
Administration & Recordkeeping:
- Assists in the creation, enhancement, documentation of processes and procedures.
- Calculates and enter cost basis information.
- Confirms portfolio accounting software accuracy.
- Performs data reconciliation on portfolios for financial reporting.
You might be a great match if you have:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and two or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Career path wanting to become a Financial Advisor
- Minimum three years of exceptional Financial Planning Analyst experience.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or progress toward completion strongly preferred.
- FINRA series 7 and 66 encouraged but not required.
- State Life, Accident and Health Insurance License preferred but not required.
- A strong attention to detail mindset with a focus on accuracy, initiative, and follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with clients and colleagues.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with specific focus on Excel. Must have previous experience on creating and modifying spreadsheet formulas and macros.
What AFG Offers:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical (2 plan options), dental, vision, core and buy-up life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage and company funded flexible spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off program.
- A best-in-class 401K plan with online planning and reporting tools.
- Wellness program with additional time off rewards.
- Easily accessible office with free parking for onsite days.
Allegheny Financial Group, LTD is an SEC-registered investment advisory firm that offers clients guidance in every aspect of their financial life, including financial planning, portfolio management, market analysis, risk management, and business and estate planning. As a firm that pioneered financial planning in Pittsburgh, Allegheny has earned clients' trust for over 45 years with a high degree of personal attention combined with specialized knowledge, an integrated team-based approach, and first-class market research. For more information, go to Allegheny Financial Group