Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline, Collaboration, Design & Innovation, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
As a member of the Interior group the DRE is responsible for the design and development of Front and Rear Seats with status updates, timing, product content, BOM, material selection. This position will receive supervision from the Interiors Supervisor.
- The Product Design Release Engineer assignment may include: Instrument Panel, Console, Interior Hard Trim, Soft Trim, Overhead Systems and Seats Complete.
- APQP process: Planning and defining program, Product design and development, Process design and development, Product and process validation, and Assessment.
- Create tradeoff proposals for Studio and Engineering. Suggest low-cost material and lightweight alternatives.
- Coordinate/develop criteria sections with integrated safety counter-measure features included.
- Work with Design team in setting design direction and leading development.
- Develop targets for investment (engineering and tooling) and parts costs and functional specifications.
- Assure all supplier formability, manufacturing readiness, assembly processing and countermeasure plans are included early in the engineering development phase.
- Track Open Issues, communicate issues to all groups and set up meetings as required to close all issues. Escalate major issues immediately to Interior Manager.
- Develop, track and update vehicle level specifications for Interior such as fit and finish, functionality, and mass targets.
- Plan assembly and component timing alignment with overall program timing and mitigate strategies as appropriate to resolve conflicts.
- Improve interior quality, cost, and manufacturability.
- Assure Budget, Timing, Weight, and Quality intent is achieved.
- Represent immediate Interior Senior Manager as required.
- Release assemblies and components into the PLM system.
- PPAP process requirements.
- Willingness to travel to supplier, and assembly plant during launch.
- 5+ Years Interiors Design Release Engineering experience; familiarity with sheet metal structures and processes, foam, cut and sew, plastic trim, electrical components, and wiring harness.
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering or related.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- CATIA V5 Cursory Experience Required.
- Problem solving experience where issues are unusual and difficult.
- Previous assembly plant launch experience required.
- SOR and DVP&R Experience
- PPAP experience developing and creating Design records, FMEA’s, Control Plans, etc.
- Understanding of Dimensional Management and GD&T required.
- Experience Benchmarking engineering technologies and applying those into the design activities required.
- Experience in developing Master/Construction Sections required.
- Experience with regulatory requirements required.
- Demonstrate technical and professional skills with the following: injection molded components, metal stampings, foaming process, and cut and sew.
Preferred Skills (or non-quantifiable preferred skills)
- CATIA V5 Part/Assembly Design and Generative Shape Design expertise.
- Knowledge of Teamcenter a plus.
- Previous OEM and automotive experience preferred.
- Experience with Class A surface development a plus.
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.