The Senior Software Engineer role is a key technical position in a fast-paced, challenging, and positive work environment. TARGAN is developing its data systems platform to support its ongoing R&D efforts and upcoming commercial systems. These systems will serve as the backbone for TARGAN’s continued growth and be built using state-of-the-art technologies. This role will be responsible for 1) the development and support of R&D systems to facilitate experiment planning, data capture, data tracking and data reporting for accelerating product development and 2) assist in the planning, development and testing of architecture and platforms for our commercial based systems.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and deliver robust solutions.
Ability to drive a project from conception to implementation.
Hands-on software development, testing, and troubleshooting
Research and test new technology related to business applications.
Team Collaboration within and outside your specific discipline
Lead design sessions and code reviews
Project communications, documentation & project time reporting
Use of code repositories for software version control
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management (or a related field) with 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with C#.NET for Desktop, Web, and Cloud environments.
- Developed applications backed by SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience building datasets, dashboards, and visualizations.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience integrating solutions with Microsoft platforms (Azure, O365, Teams, Power Platform, Dynamics 365)
- Experience with DevOps and Azure Cloud Computing with focus on serverless features including Storage Accounts, App Services, Active Directory, and Serverless Functions
- Experience incorporating 3rd party APIs with business solutions.
- Experience with Azure IoT Hub, Containers, Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights, Machine Learning, Synapse Analytics and Industry 4.0 technologies
- Flexibility to perform various roles and responsibilities from day to day, ex. programming, design, system testing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Effectively prioritize workload to ensure deliverables are met for multiple projects with varying scope.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on fast-track projects.
- Self-directed and forward thinking with a strong work ethic.
- Robust interpersonal, listening, questioning & communication skills (written and oral)
- Attention to detail and creative problem-solving.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with team members at all levels while providing guidance to lesser experienced team members.