Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves around dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them. Outcome- based programs empower youth to become lifelong learners.
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities for the College Programs offered at Club Site.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
Prepare Youth for Success
· Promotes and stimulate program participation.
· Registers new members and supports their club orientation process.
· Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
· Effectively implement and administer the College & Career program services and activities for drop-in members and visitors. Other programs, services, and activities for drop-in members and visitors include Healthy Life Styles, Financial Literacy, Member-requested clubs (i.e., anime club), and STEM.
· Provide direct services for members through group workshops and one-on-one case management.
· Provide daily homework and tutoring assistance for members.
· Manage program supplies and order as needed.
· Address concerns, questions, issues of parents and/or teachers.
· Advise High School Director of any program needs, concerns, and problems (i.e. additional staffing, volunteers, and staff evaluations).
· Coordinate special projects, events and activities to increase college awareness amongst members.
· Seek out enrichment and academic opportunities for the students including programs, scholarships extension classes, etc.
· Prepare weekly and monthly schedules of activities, programs, and workshops.
· Collaborate with College & Career Coordinator for updated resources, programs, services to provide members with.
· Create all learning center bulletin boards, display of member activities and other department objectives.
· Build awareness of the program and recruit members.
· Assure that the program goals and objectives are achieved.
· Monitor and assess programs and activities to ensure safety of members, program quality, and impact.
· Prepare periodic activity reports.
· Maintain order and discipline of members by managing their behavior and continuously reinforce rules of the Club.
· Help develop injury prevention methods, evaluates injuries. Highest priority is the safety of the Club members.
· Ensure a productive work environment by participating in ongoing staff meetings.
· Maintain a clean room/environment by sweeping, disinfecting, and organizing at the end of the day.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· May be asked to participate in special programs and/or events.
· May be required obtain Class B license and drive Club van.
· May be required to support in other programs.
· Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with other Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss concerns, explain guidelines/instructions; problem solve; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Minimum of two years of college experience preferred.
· Knowledge of youth development.
· Demonstrates high level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
· Ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific classes.
· Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive data and information.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
· Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
· Ability to deal with the general public.
· Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
· Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
· Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications and TB clearance.
· Must be fully vaccinated.
· Valid State Driver’s License.
ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Tasks are regularly performed with moderate exposure to environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, and temperature and noise extremes.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.