Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. With a focus on Integrity, Discipline and Collaboration, we are working to design and build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
- Lead commercial relationships and sourcing activities within a global supply base
- Effectively lead, manage, and take ownership over respective commodities while meeting LMC’s best interests
- Cross-functional strategic planning and ability to clearly communicate strategic sourcing options and final recommendations
- Expedite and resolve high priority concerns and challenges with a sense of urgency
- Perform commercial negotiations (including costs, finance terms, and RASICs) while accomplishing performance metrics and milestones
- Evaluate new Suppliers and develop strong relationships/partnerships
- Recommend corrective actions for low performing Suppliers
- Recommend strong Suppliers through competitive benchmarking activities
- Expedite and find resolutions to past due orders and late payment concerns
- Monitor and expedite backordered goods and services
- Operate as Purchasing liaison with other departments when commercial issues arise
- Address and resolve quality issues with Supplier quickly and effectively
- Drive for high quality and low-cost project and task completion
- Perform multiple manual tasks (we encourage automation suggestions) such as issuing POs, populating spreadsheets, and checking system status
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least three (3) years of Purchasing/Supply Chain experience
- Desire to grow, learn, and be a critical thinking leader to achieve goals and make a difference
- Strong knowledge of Operations/Manufacturing Processes
- Strong knowledge of Indirect material such as: IT, Consulting and Design Services, Facilities, MRO, etc.
- A “Can do” attitude and respect for continuous improvement initiatives
- Not only comfortable with ambiguity but thrives in it
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to challenge the status quo through continuous improvement
- Analytically inclined and respects data backed decision making processes
- Full understanding of product development and stage gate processes
- Experience working with multi-discipline and cross functional project teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in order to successfully manage assigned program(s)
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficiency in using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Master’s degree in related field or MBA
- Electric vehicle/OEM/Tier 1 Supplier experience
- Startup experience
- Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables/Charts, Power Query, Conditional Formatting, etc.)
- Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central experience
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.