Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. Our mission is to create the leading electric vehicle epicenter in the region. This plant—combined with the legendary capability of the people who work there—is where we will build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
As the Director of Supplier Quality, you will:
Design, develop and deploy a supplier quality and management system. Coordinates resolution of quality issues and disposition of defective material by working with the Supplier, LMC Engineering Teams, Production, and Quality Assurance to achieve problem resolution from supplier, and communicate progress and results to our internal teams.
- Design, develop and deploy a supplier quality and management system.
- Closely coordinate with Engineering, Purchasing and Production on standing up experienced but new to LMC vendors to ensure high quality parts are received on time and supply chain developed to meet aggressive ramp schedule.
- Design, develop and deploy SQE/SQA roles, responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Design, develop and deploy all processes for Supplier Quality including but not limited to CAPAs, returns, metrics, analysis data collection and information sharing, and communication protocols.
- Develop and justify budget requirements based company needs and industry standards.
- Develop process to qualify new LMC suppliers prior to sourcing: quality systems, traceability, material control, workforce training, etc.
- Develop quality incident tracking processes for pre-production and production quality issues, including problem resolution process from the suppliers back to LMC – including immediate containment, sorting and permanent resolution roles and responsibilities.
- Establish a launch containment process with supplier requirements for traceability and lot-level quality secondary inspection audits to protect LMC during volume acceleration
- Develop plant incoming inspection audit processes, focused on high risk and high quality incident components, including factors and thresholds for entering and exiting incoming inspection process.
- Experience developing and deploying a supplier quality program
- 5+ years of supplier quality leadership experience in multiple commodity categories (e.g., stamping, injection molding, electronics, casting) at a vehicle OEM during new program pre-production and launch (OEM & Tier 1 or 2 experience preferred)
- Experience in Quality Systems: PPAP/APQP processes.
- Display a working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Lean Manufacturing, and how to apply these skills to improve quality, capacity, and reduce cost.
- Possess demonstrable leadership abilities.
Lordstown Motors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.