LakePharma is a leading biologics company specializing in antibody and protein engineering, cell line development, and protein production. Our services can be fully integrated, creating a customized solution for all our customer’s molecular biology, cell line, and protein needs. We just raised $30m in growth equity from Summit Partners & Ampersand Capital Partners for expansion purposes.
We are rapidly growing and seeking a talented individual to join our Cell Culture Team. As an Associate Scientist, you will report directly to the Senior Scientist – Cell Culture and will be based in our Worcester office.
The successful candidate will be able to execute hands-on laboratory work in cell culture including planning and executing shake flask, bench scale bioreactor, bench scale purifications and large-scale bioreactor experiments. The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communications with clients, meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Cell Culture. This position requires 90% of bench-level work.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot difficult problems encountered in the design/execution of projects.
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in laboratory notebooks and technical reports.
- Compose technical reports, scientific publications, and/or oral presentations.
- Communicate project updates to clients and senior level management.
- Investigate, create and implement new methods and technologies to improve effectiveness and to create efficiencies and cost savings.
- Maintain scientific excellence in area of cell culture.
- 0 to 5 years industrial experience
- Ability to work weekends and off hours as needed
- Self-Starter and drive to be an entrepreneur
- Previous mammalian cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, NS0, etc.)
- Previous insect cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. Sf9, Sf21, High 5 etc.)
- Previous experience with stable cell line development.
- Previous protein purification experience is a plus.
- Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components.
- Previous experience with bench-top stir tank bioreactors and Wave Bag bioreactors.
- Previous experience with high throughput cell culture technologies.
- Previous experience with a wide range of mammalian cell transfection techniques.
If you are looking for an opportunity to provide challenge and growth and this role excites you, please Apply Today!