Business Development Representative - Sales
The Business Development Representative for Outreach, Inc. is responsible for retaining and expanding existing company relationships for the Outreach Marketing Products division, and product lines and soliciting new business from prospective customers. This is a remote position. This role is focused on creating business opportunities with churches that are new to Outreach. The ideal person has experience in church marketing, a passion that matches our mission, experience in sales and the printing world, and an existing network of church relationships.
We offer competitive base salaries and performance-based commissions & incentives. Our other benefits include:
- 2-weeks of Vacation and 9 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive HSA Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Sick Leave & Volunteer Day
- Paid Parental Leave
- Optional Vacation Buy-Up of 26 or 52 hrs/yr
- Remote work/telecommuting opportunity
- Assists in the implementation and coordination of company-wide business development
- Calls on prospective customers
- Documents calls and results, and makes reports to management as required.
- Discusses customer needs, problems, or complaints, and arranges for meetings between customers or prospective customers
- Develop new customer relationships and grow your personal book of business / assigned accounts.
- Perform a minimum of 20 meaningful conversations per week with prospective customers
- Build relationships with churches in your network and consult with them on their outreach practices
- Conduct in-person and video demonstrations of Outreach products and the online customization ordering platform
- Meet with churches and suggest Outreach products to help them in their outreach goals to reach more people.
- Drive product sales by developing, identifying, and securing all relevant direct sales opportunities.
- Generate market interest and close sales by executing activities such as surveys, consultations, teaching, site visits, and promotions.
- Aggressively pursue new prospects and generate new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Handle complex issues and problems, and refer only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter.
- Develop trusting relationships with a portfolio of major churches to ensure they do not turn to competition.
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal stakeholders using key account metrics.
About the Company:
Founded in 1996, Outreach Inc. has a heart for the local church because we started out of a church plant. We exist to help churches build bridges to the unchurched in order to more effectively, and more often, share Christ with them. We love helping churches reach more people for less money.
Over the years, Outreach has grown from helping a handful of local churches to over 163,000 churches across the United States. As culture and technology have changed, Outreach has been on the cutting edge, adding digital products, sermon series resources, movie licensing, and more.
Now headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and with employees spread across the U.S., Outreach has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace since 2016, and recognized as a Best Workplace by the Colorado Springs Gazette newspaper annually since 2017.
- 7 years experience in sales
- 3 years church ministry experience
- Understanding of church marketing and communications
- Proven sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience working within a CRM
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Professional Communication
- Organization and planning
- Attention to Detail
- Calm under pressure
- Is Enthusiastic
- Possesses Great Listening Skills
- Is Persuasive and able to convince others to pursue a course of action
At Outreach we value the following cultural competencies and we expect every member of the team to:
- Support company culture through a commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Outreach, Inc.
- Do their job with Honesty/Integrity
- Work with Flexibility
- Manage well their relationships with people, company resources, time, and opportunities.
- Problem solves for Continual Process Improvement