Acker Wines, the world’s leading fine & rare wine auction house, is looking for a person to support the General Counsel focusing on all legal matters particularly transactional, corporate and claims matters.
This position is remote. Travel to the New York metropolitan area required on occasion. Applicants should be based in the New York metropolitan area.
- Assist the General Counsel with drafting and revising contracts and other legal documents related to consignments of wine and spirits for sale at auction, vendor arrangements, commissions and independent contractor relationships.
- Organize corporate books and records and keep corporate filings updated.
- Keep track of all licenses and intellectual property for upcoming renewal dates.
- Assist with claims including assisting review of documents and processing subpoenas and other information requests.
- Perform general legal research and fact-finding.
- Acts as liaison to the legal department for other Company employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external clients while maintaining high levels of customer service and confidentiality, as well as ability to prioritize and work with multiple clients on many tasks.
- File correspondence and legal documents in on-line legal data management systems.
- Prepare and track expense reports and provide general administrative support including word processing, proofreading, filing and distributions.
- Send document signature requests for both the General Counsel and sales representatives within Acker and to external clients, primarily through DocuSign.
- Respond to correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Corporate paralegal experience a plus but not required
- Highly organized, proactive and motivated
- High degree of discretion, diligent and dependable character with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail is a priority and follow-through
- Must be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently meet constant deadlines while maintaining a professional manner
- Ability to interact calmly, patiently, and professionally in challenging situations
- Excellent phone manner and email skills
- Internal and external client service mindset
- High degree of computer efficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel and word
About Acker Established in 1820, Acker is the oldest wine shop in America and the world’s largest fine and rare wine auction house. Since third generation wine merchant John Kapon, Chairman of Acker, started the auction business in 1998, the house has gained worldwide recognition. Acker offers a vast array of services, including cellar consultations, a deep retail inventory of fine and rare wine for immediate sale, first class wine education amenities and fine and rare wine auctions.
- Comprehensive medical and dental and vision coverage
- Company Sponsored Life, AD&D, and LTD benefits
- 401(k) program with discretionary employer match
- Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
- Wine discounts & More
Acker Merrall & Condit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law .
Pay Range:$55-$65,000 based on legal experience