Position is based in Boston, MA or Berlin, Germany
The Role: Project Controller and Estimator
LIFTE is seeking a motivated individual with experience in project controls for construction and project delivery. As a key member of the LIFTE Program Management Office, you will be accountable for supporting the project delivery teams with estimating, budgeting, cost account management, schedule maintenance, project metric analytics, and reporting. The projects you will be supporting are in an exciting new industry that seeks to bring zero emissions mobility to all sectors of global heavy-duty transportation, with a great opportunity for growth.
The Project Controller will report directly to the Head of Program Management.
- Support LIFTE project leadership and stakeholders with timely project schedule and financial controls and reports.
- Support the proposal and planning of new projects with estimates and development of budgets with a traceable basis and accounts for risks.
- Use analytics to make data-driven project controls recommendations and highlight trends and risks to the project delivery teams and program management oversight.
- Continuously grow and mature LIFTE’s program management office, project delivery and control capabilities, including internal processes and tools.
Position is based in the Boston, MA area or Berlin, Germany
Combination of virtual and in office working (50/50)
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- 401K plan with company match
- Industry leading healthcare coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Remote work budget
- Generous time away, including 5 weeks paid vacation for all, regardless of seniority
- Sick Time
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 6 Holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Competitive salary
- Summer holiday allowance
- Christmas bonus
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonus
- Company pension scheme (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- Capital-forming benefits (VWL)
- Travel, health, and accident insurance
- BahnCard 100
- Remote work budget
- Family friendly policies
- 30-day vacation
What Experience & Education is Required?
- For US: Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis. LIFTE participates in e-Verify
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-years experience in a project controls role (schedule and finance)
- Project management training and certification an asset (PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc)
What Skills are Necessary for Success?
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills
- Expertise in Microsoft office
- Expertise in scheduling in MS Project Online (or other relevant tools)
- Proficiency managing project financials including developing budgets, basis of estimates, and performing cost account management
- Proficiency with project performance controls and earned value management
- Proficient in RSMeans estimating tools (or other relevant tools)
- Proficient in PowerBI (or other relevant business intelligence tools)
- Strong ability to work independently and handle ambiguity
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to lead by influence and get work done through others
- Extreme curiosity and appetite for learning and growth
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Self-driven to exceed customer expectations
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
What Qualities are We Looking for?
- Passion: your passion is incorporated in what you do and drives your progress
- Servant leadership: constant focus on how your work can serve the needs of others
- A focus on excellence: your work is error-free and complete
- Good judgment: your recommendations are sound
- High integrity: do the right thing, especially when no one is looking
- Community builder: we like each other and want you to be a contributing member of the LIFTE community in whichever way you are uniquely designed. Diversity of thought and approach is important to us.